War Is Brewing.

Sponsored Links
You keep headbutting that wall, you'll feel better.

:ROFLMAO:

seems like noseall is totally shocked over the caper , blimey just go's to show how a glass of wine and a sausage roll can up set some people :ROFLMAO:

he is shocked / angry / up set / shattered /

over the caper .

mean while

potential full scale conflict in Europe o_O:confused: is on the cards :idea:

you'll feel better.
I've never felt so good. I'm doing stretches now on a regular basis. I drink very little. And my order books are rammed for the next 14 months.

It can't be easy for you to watch what is happening to Boris.

Sponsored Links
I was listing to a geezer from one of the Russia watching outfits, he said nothing will happen before the Winter Olympics are well and truly over, Putin will want his new best buddy on side

Extraordinary intervention:

US officials express their "dismay and frustration" at the continued refusal of a Conservative government awash with Russian cash to shut down the London laudromat, undermining the effectiveness of sanctions.

The fortunes of Russia’s megarich are safe as houses in Londongrad
The question I am asked most right now — apart, perhaps, from “Will Vladimir Putin invade Ukraine?” — is: why does no one stop him? Even autocrats have to manage public opinion, balance economic interests and pay the bills, so how can he risk..

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ch-are-safe-as-houses-in-londongrad-qdc29vtd6

So far about 1 billion in Russian assets have been frozen or seized by UK under the Magnitsky act. Over 50% of deposits in Cyprus's banks are Russian money. Leaked documents (the Cyprus papers) show 1,471 applications, containing the names of 2,544 people who received a Cypriot passport between late 2017 and late 2019., a Cypriot passport gives Russians access to 27 countries.

I think your US officials are looking in the wrong place.

So far about 1 billion in Russian assets have been frozen or seized by UK under the Magnitsky act. Over 50% of deposits in Cyprus's banks are Russian money. Leaked documents (the Cyprus papers) show 1,471 applications, containing the names of 2,544 people who received a Cypriot passport between late 2017 and late 2019., a Cypriot passport gives Russians access to 27 countries.

I think your US officials are looking in the wrong place.
1 Billion? That's quite impressive but I can't find a source. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the estimates of how much money is washed through the UK each year.

The Russian laundromat operation between 2010 and 2014 is thought to have covered 20-80 Billion alone, half of which went through our system.

We have a large financial services industry, unless we are very careful we'll be used to launder money. We aren't that careful, and whilst there are much worse that doesn't excuse us.

Do you really think a transgression that at worst will earn our leader a fixed penalty fine is more important than taking the world stage in support of our allies against Russian aggression?
World stage you say....

Russia's Deputy UN Ambassador, Dmitry Polyanskiy, told Sky News: "There is always room for diplomacy, but frankly, we don't trust British diplomacy. I think in recent years British diplomacy has shown that it is absolutely worthless.

"I really don't want to offend anybody, especially my good friends, British diplomats, but really, the results are nothing to boast about."

OOF!

One analyst reckons that extreme financial sanction against Russia will backfire as far as the UK is concerned. It's also been mentioned that China want gas - they want to green up as well. Could be that Russia will be supplying China with gas big time so Putin doesn't care 2 hoots about the rest they supply. If China want it why not supply it,

Sanctions - will Ukraine stop paying for gas, same for european countries? Russia also export 4.3m barrels of oil a day. What happens to prices when supply is restricted? Your experiencing it now. Iran wants to export more oil than they can.

The USA import 2.9m barrels of crude a day. Seems people there are moaning about fuel prices. They produce ~13m barrels a day locally too. They want to export more gas.

What's going on - the big boys are posturing. End result. I suspect we will have to wait and see.

Some more Russia exports 1.8m tonnes of aluminium a year and ~20m tonnes of steel. They are also a rather major exporter of grain.

One analyst reckons that extreme financial sanction against Russia will backfire as far as the UK is concerned. It's also been mentioned that China want gas - they want to green up as well. Could be that Russia will be supplying China with gas big time so Putin doesn't care 2 hoots about the rest they supply. If China want it why not supply it,
Pipelines. They don't have enough of them as far as I know.

There is one pipeline that's believed to be running around 10 billion cubic metres a year, with room to go up to 38 by 2025. That's a lot, but they export around 180 bcm to Europe each year.

Ukraine is already a priority EU partner DCFTA and there are plans in place for the application to join in 2024.

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is convinced that Ukraine should not just become a member of the European Union, but be an equal participant in the unification of European states
The EU is going to come to a very bad end.
Europhile David Camoron said he would like to see the EU expand as far as the Urals, while on the other side of his mouth he was telling the Eurosceptics in Britain that he would reform the EU.
Maggie Thatcher said all the problems in Europe were caused by the non English speaking peoples and it was always the English speaking peoples who saved them.

I've never felt so good. I'm doing stretches now on a regular basis. I drink very little. And my order books are rammed for the next 14 months.

It can't be easy for you to watch what is happening to Boris.
If you are doing so well business wise.
What about a Thankyou to Boris and his team for creating the economic conditions that have allowed you to thrive despite an unprecedented pandemic.

Sponsored Links
Back