Wardrobe Rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have only just found this forum and it looks good.

I have a question for you all. I am fitting two rails in our built in wardrobe, due to the width of the wardrobe I want to fit a vertical pole in the middle of the rails from floor to ceiling to offer support and stop the rail sagging in the midle.

I cannot find anywhere the crosspeice that will effecily allow 4 poles to be fited together.

I have tried al the big DIY chin stores- any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Would you not be better using a piece of timber for the support, either drill & pass the bar through or use short lengths & use the clips. Just a thort.

diyisfun

thanks- thats my plan B, if I can not any crosspieces

southern said:
I am fitting two rails in our built in wardrobe, due to the width of the wardrobe I want to fit a vertical pole in the middle of the rails from floor to ceiling to offer support and stop the rail sagging in the midle.
Do you have a shelf just above the rails?

Sponsored Links
If the answer to above is yes, then support the rail from there

following on from the above suggestions, i used some old curtain pole supports to take the sag out of my wardrobe rails. these were also fixed from above.

If all else fails, pop down the plumbers with the pole and get a brass munzen ring that fits it, or silver coloured etc (whatever blends in) a length of stud, and a thingy (cant remember the name but the stud will screw into it, and its got two holes for screws so you could secure it to the top of the wardrobe.

Additionally, you could then paint the stud, or melt some heat sleeving around it to give it a nicer finish.

Better to start new threads, 25mm will bow slightly at 1500mm when heavily loaded, thicker is better, I used 45mm brushed steel handrail when a 3mtr span was required for some heavy curtains and no sagging.So probably safer with 38mm [depends on the loading].

Thanks foxhole ...

Measuring the average coathanger 38mm is too large for most ... so I will stick with 25mm and put a support piece of drilled timber half way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back