Warm air heating, asbestos wall or something else?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Johnson and staley warm air system, being replaced in a few weeks by a nice wet central heating system throughout.

I just pulled down the plasterboard wall surrounding it, and on the far end and back wall behind wall is board that is different from the plasterboard. It looks chalky and is green backed. Is this asbestos or some other insulating board. I can post a picture if it helps?

Sponsored Links
You won't get a definitive yes or no unfortunately. How old is your house and boiler?

Most likely a fire proof board and given that it is an old warm air, asbestos.

If there is no need to move it just leave it where it is.

House 1979 build, think the boiler was put in when built. The board is sitting on a wood frame, with the board on it between the boiler and the plasterboard wall. Have. Feeling that the false wall around it was added later, as my neighbour has same unit and it is just free standing in the open in kitchen.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back