warm air units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the filtered air that is blown across the heat exchanger and into the plenum chamber used also for combustion on an open flued unit.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Nope, these units require a permanent air supply from outside as per the manufacturers instructions.

The circulation fan can affect combustion in poorly maintained warm air units.

Nope, these units require a permanent air supply from outside as per the manufacturers instructions.

On the unit I have seen the burner sits at the bottom and inside the heat exchanger which is not sealed from the rest of the unit. I take it the warm air dosent come into contact with this then. Thank you.

Sponsored Links

On the unit I have seen the burner sits at the bottom and inside the heat exchanger which is not sealed from the rest of the unit. I take it the warm air dosent come into contact with this then. Thank you.

It doesnt, and if it does the appliance is immediately dangerous as the heat exchanger is cracked.
Why do you ask?
If you have any doubts get an RGI to check it pronto

Im at college doing my ACS. I came across one briefly today and was just a bit confused. Not been taught about them yet but
im sure all will be explained. thanks for your time

Im at college doing my ACS. I came across one briefly today and was just a bit confused. Not been taught about them yet but

OK, no probs.

Are you going to be doing WAU1 on acs?

Why go to trouble of posting on net when you could ask the guy there and he could show you how the two air flows are seperate

Not there until next week, and was just looking on this website for other things and just thought Id ask.

OK, no probs.

Are you going to be doing WAU1 on acs?
Yes I am, but from what I ve been told theres not much use for them now but just interested, cant seem to find much info on them.

Think you'll find it's DAH1??

Most important with warm air is that the combustion air and the circulating air are separate and don't affect each other.
Old units didn't keep the separation well enough and were declared AR and had to be altered.

Big numbers were put into town houses and council flats, though many of them were poor quality installations and have been replaced.

"Warm air" is implemented better in some USA systems, which can filter the air to hepa levels, recover heat from air changes etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back