Warm front Installation due, Boiler / Radiator questions

Sponsored Links
The answer to all of your questions is that as its FREE and costs you NOTHING then you get what you are given!
I know two people who have had these free systems in and they do nothing but complain!
If you want a decent boiler, neat/hidden pipework, correct chemical treatment and a better system, dip your hand into your wallet and pay for it like everybody else has to.

Having read the previous posts I should point out that most, if not all the previous posters, could provide a boiler and heating system that would give more reliable service, and probably reduce gas consumption and give a more comfortable house for the same money or less than Warmfront are able to do.

This is because Warmfront had/have a rather large staff wages and management salaries cost to support, as an example and If I remember correctly, the top person at Warmfront was on £300,000-00p (three hundred grand a year)

This means that the percentage of the Government (tax payers) money which goes into the Warmfront heating system would most certainly be rather less than if people like the previous posters were able to do the job.

A lot of small businesses were unable to negotiate the hurdle of paperwork and bureaucracy placed between them and getting onto the Warmfront installers scheme.

For myself I would want to install an appliance which had a five year warrantee.

If you are currently unable to find the money for a heating system I suggest you accept the Warmfront grant and once the warrantee runs out get onto one of the many “maintenance plans” you will see in the press or on TV.

Tim

ps,

any warmfront customers looking in who are not satisfied with the installation should get on to Warmfront.

Sponsored Links
Are you all condoning those fitters that provide shoddy work?? No? Thought not.. Perhaps you guys should remember your paying these cowboys (in many cases on here) before being so abrupt to your customers!? :confused:

As a taxpayer, you are effectively the 'employer' of these shoddy workmen that are providing poor service. Are you happy that YOUR MONEY is being given to these companies? Shouldn't the COMPANIES be named & shamed who sub-contract to the local cowboys?

I'm aware of a homeowner that was given a Warmfront grant, this person over their working career had paid £100,000's in TAX, helping to pay for YOUR services, YOUR health visits, YOUR police, fire etc etc...

Their financial circumstances changed making them eligible for the grant, is it so wrong that they got a grant? Should they really receive bad service from a supplier? Should they just accept anything?

Budget pricing should not equal poor service or workmanship, the installation should be professional, appropiate and using the supplied materials to manufacturers standards IMHO.

I for one would like my tax to be given to companies that provide good service and NOT to line the pockets of cowboys!

(For reference, the homeowner mentioned above did receive a professional service and was given the opportunity to select a boiler from those available.. sounds like they were lucky!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back