Warm front Installation due, Boiler / Radiator questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been reading some of the content on here.
My situation..

Nov 2011 Warm front surveyor came and did a survey but left without leaving me a copy (He said i will post it to you when Ive typed it up at home).

Called by an 'appointment maker' (from the company that wants to install)who gave me a time and date of installation.

I called back and cancelled I hadn't received any survey details by then.

I have a copy of the technical survey summary which recommends the following:

Ideal Logic HE Combi 30W
Prog R/Stat 24hr
Flue terminal and finishing kits
4 * radiator valves
central heating protector
concentrate restorer
spirovent magnaboost
Elite radiators *5 various lengths.
Talon - wrap over pipe clips and cover 2 different thicknesses

My questions-
does a room stat / programmer have to be fitted
(I explained that 2/3 rads will be used once fortnight) and prefered to switch on / off as needed.

Is boiler suitable for 5 rads (TOTAL KW is 14) but need 4 extra rads (TOTAL KW 11) AND a bathroom used by 6 adults and kids too.

I asked at the time will it be a valiant / worcester, he said its upto the installer. Can I refuse the ideal on the grounds its not reliable?

Do they leave all removed boilers / pipes at the house or do they scrap them? (the boiler still works but is for hot water only)

If boiler is on 1st floor will it be a problem in icy weather (condensing pipe outside)

Will the pipes be hidden under floor boards or on wall (I suppose they will be covered)

Is the installation covered by warranty as other services? What happens in the worst case, ie not heating/water. Do i have to pay for parts?

I did tell the surveyor that there are young children and elderly in the house so needs to be safe and efficient. He said hopefully the gas wont be off for more than 6 hours.

If it helps im in lancashire

Sponsored Links
You must have room stat and timing functions.

A 30 kW boiler will run 25 kW of radiators.

A combi will supply one hot outlet continuously.

If you accept a free Warmfront installation then you dont get any choice apart from refusing their help.

Something about gift horses!

Tony

With Warmfront you will get what you are given and be glad of it.
Cheapest quote and all that.

Otherwise buy your own boiler.

Hi first you say you dont want the Ideal as its unreliable what are you basing that on? I have fitted 50+ ideal logics and had 1 fail due to a faulty spark gen(which is fitted by but not made by Ideal) sounds ok to me. normally all waste is removed but if you wanted the old rads etc you could probably keep them. When I was installing for Warm front you had 2 years cover for breakdown i think this is still the case. As for the pipe work its normally up to the installer how he runs it, we tried to keep pipes on show to a minimum but theres a cost issue im afraid and pipe work on show is almost inevitabe and we didnt cover it as no covers were provided, all external condesate pipe work should be frost protected hope this helps Paul.

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with the Logic, fitted many.
Just be aware, they are all 24kw to heating. The 30 kw and 35kw are for hot water only.

Is boiler suitable for 5 rads (TOTAL KW is 14) but need 4 extra rads (TOTAL KW 11) AND a bathroom used by 6 adults and kids too.

Just reread your post. 5 rads total 14kw?! are you sure? They must all be very large radiatirs.

only get 12 month warrenty now which covers whole installation parts and labour
normally only vertical pipe runs are covered with the talon covers

you will get gas meter and stop tap earth bonded if not already.

old boiler will only be removed if new boiler going in its place other wise it will be left in situ and decommisioned.

its a heating upgrade grant not a home improvement grant.

OP, see my thread for the quality of work you will get if you are not on the ball, like me

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/new-boiler-installed-on-an-old-system-bodged-job.307487/

only get 12 month warrenty now which covers whole installation parts and labour

is this with current new warmfront installs??? I thought it was 2-3 years of servicing and repairs included?

They just upgraded my boiler and didn't do a very good job. If the warranty is now only 12 months, what will happen when my boiler goes kaput on 2 years time because the system was not cleaned properly?

only 12 months warranty if survey done after april last year 2 years if done before last april as scheme ending.

You also need to have it serviced every year!

Tony

Just reread your post. 5 rads total 14kw?! are you sure? They must all be very large radiatirs.

yep they will be, rooms are big
(its really expensive to heat!)

Beggars cant be choosers. If you don't like it then pay for it like everyone else ffs.

moaning scroungers do my head in! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back