warmsure (eaga heat)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a diagnostic engineer who is timeserved and has worked for some of the best manufactures in this country inc worcester and ideal over the last 27 yrs .
Ive learnt that to call any brand crap is totally unjustified all companies are ruled by there accountants who very rarely listen to there engineers or there R&D departments .cost rules often dictated by house builders and large buyers. All manufacturers have faults and any decent engineer including those like myself who have worked for them will admit this! just in case your wondering i have a vaillant ecotec and an ideal icos running in my home and they have both had new pcb,s in the time ive had them but still cheaper than a set of tyres for my wifes car think about it boilers often do more mileage than most of your cars

Ive seen a lot of people on here talk about iguanna (eagaheat) installations and warmsure aftercare and there completely right in how bad these companies are both owned by one of the worst EAGA.
Thankfully there looking like there going bust there shares are dropping and there talking of major redundancies.
I know the majority of there engineers are six week wonders but there are some good engineers that i hope will find there feet in the new year with a decent company
The problem being from what ive learnt from the good ones is there management is totally inexperienced in this industry and there background has had nothing to do with gas.when a vacancy in management appears then uncle bob can have the job because he plays rugby with me on saturdays or was in the same 6 week course with them.
And thats why eaga ,warmsure ,iguanna ,eagaheat and what ever other new name they come up with will go bust.
Heres to time served engineers and managers.

Sponsored Links
Bit late in replying to that posted 2007 ? depends what u mean by c**p ?

some companys produce c**P boilers , or boilers that turn out to be c**P ?

Than on the other hand some manus are just c**p to deal with eg after sales , tech lines ect ect . generally as a rule of thumb I have very little time for any boiler manu , pick the best of a bad bunchmight be my veiw ?? than again ??

Sponsored Links
Hi transam ,
What im trying to get accross is many manufactures have made good boilers ie Baxi the bermuda range ,Ideal the classic ect but often a manufacturer will listen to its accountants or big buyers like house builders .And they lose sight of installers or customers like yourself because they dont always listen to those who are in the situation to hear what you think about the product or service.
Thankfully often a change of top management helps!
Ideal now has an Md who worked for Vaillant and who has a strong belief in product qaulity and aftercare.

As for Mr Only fit ideal boilers Calling someone a twit because he doesnt share the same views is not the greatest of arguments .And just so you know i fit the new Logic plus and think there good boiler.

And if you disagree about eaga you are deluded.

Ideal now has an Md who worked for Vaillant and who has a strong belief in product qaulity and aftercare.

Well Vaillant have downgraded their technical help and warrantee assistance to the point that only Ferolli is worse!

Well Vaillant have downgraded their technical help and warrantee assistance to the point that only Ferolli is worse!

BG are paying them to answer their engineers calls before anyone else.

They have there own dedicated line and answer pretty much straight away so i am told.

A few other manufacturers do the same.

Thats good for BG but not helpful for the independents who have to wait even longer to get an answer ( if at all ! ).

idealtech
so you would like people to lose there jobs???
such a sad individual

u have made yourself sound like an absolute fool, u been made redundant and now all bitter?? pointless post

I left worcester to join ideal as the work area was more local for me. if i had known i would have stayed with worcester but you make your choices you live with them. Ideal is a good company just got its priorates mixed up.

I wasnt made redundant i left when ideal got involved with eaga i had already visited there installations and seen how bad eaga heat (iguanna) are .I chose to move on .
As far as people losing there jobs ! yes if it means some of the worst six month wonder engineers working in the most vunrable of customers houses leaving them without any heat or hotwater due to there lack of skills . they shouldnt be out there causing misery to so many of the elderly and disabled customers they supposed to care for.

Just look at the complaints eaga and warmsure have on the websites
need i say more!

Hi bingo bongo The reason i have ecotec and an icos is one was a field trial given to me to run my underfloor heating system and the other ive left to run the existing hotwater and rads in the otherside of my office attached to the back of my house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back