Vokera Unica 28HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find out about the above boiler as I can't find much in the way of independent reviews on the internet.

The MiL has one fitted in her newly-purchased house. She phoned me the night after she'd move in to say there was no hot water. I checked the pressure gauge which was at zero and attempted to open the filling loop which was unfortunately seized shut.

She has cover with British Gas who managed to fill it to correct pressure. The engineer commented that there was a "small leak" which would explain the pressure loss. The house had been vacant for 6-8 months this year so presumably explains the zero-pressure discovered after purchase.

The engineer also commentated that these boilers are "difficult to source parts for" and that they aren't very reliable. Is this true? He talked her into having a quote for a new boiler provided by them which came back at £2,000 to £2,500.

I know little about them other than they are German in origin. I've managed to find major component parts on the internet and fairly reasonable prices -- if they have to be sourced from Germany I don't see why this is a problem? Was he just providing a sales pitch in what was probably a very simple call out?

Sponsored Links
well first of all the part of Germany that the come from is a little part called Italy, and all parts are still available, properly serviced it is a decent boiler but has to be serviced properly, BG are talking absolute shoite in order to get a sales lead, you would be far better off taking out a maintenance contract with Vokera Than British Gas , cheaper and at least the guys attending will know the boiler and wont try to constantly sell you stuff

well first of all the part of Germany that the come from is a little part called Italy, and all parts are still available, properly serviced it is a decent boiler but has to be serviced properly, BG are talking absolute shoite in order to get a sales lead, you would be far better off taking out a maintenance contract with Vokera Than British Gas , cheaper and at least the guys attending will know the boiler and wont try to constantly sell you stuff

Cheers. It was the classic set up for them really -- new homeowner, problem with boiler on day one, "deals on new boilers"... ka-ching!

I didn't know they were Italian. Cheeky f*cker sounds like he was making anything up on the spot to put the doubts/worry in mind. Regardless though it still shouldn't be a problem getting parts shipped here in days if they are off the shelf.

I'll tell her to price up the Vokera maintenance/service plan, completely understand regular servicing is elemental to these units given their usage. The BG plan she has also covers home emergencies and I know she had a call out from them when her oven broke once. She just needs to decide whether to scrap the BT plan and just have boiler cover with Vokera.

I wouldnt recommend BG or SSE or any of the big 6 cover to anyone to be honest, they are all the same, I am not a big fan of Maintenance contracts, but if that is what you want , then go with the manufacturer of your boiler

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt recommend BG or SSE or any of the big 6 cover to anyone to be honest, they are all the same, I am not a big fan of Maintenance contracts, but if that is what you want , then go with the manufacturer of your boiler

Thanks for the advice. I don't have any service plans either as there's always someone reputable in the area who can sort me out, but some like the peace of mind (even if it does end up being tied into paying the big firms part of your wages every month...)

Hopefully Vokera offer something decent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back