Warmup XSTAT Wiring Advice - Loose Wire System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As you will be aware, there are 8 terminals on the XSTAT and this is being fed from a 16A RCD. Most of it is fine but I have a quick question re 2 parts:-

In the Xstat, does it matter which way round the floor sensor wires go into terminals 7 & 8?

I also take it that the earths just go into a connector block as I have used a plastic flush mount back box and of course there is no terminal on the Xstat for Earth?

Many thanks guys.

Alan

Sponsored Links
As you will be aware, there are 8 terminals on the XSTAT and this is being fed from a 16A RCD.

Will we? :eek:

In the Xstat, does it matter which way round the floor sensor wires go into terminals 7 & 8?

Not usually, no, as the floor sensors are generally thermistors/RTDs and therefore polarity is not important. If the instructions say otherwise then following them would be a safe bet.

I also take it that the earths just go into a connector block as I have used a plastic flush mount back box and of course there is no terminal on the Xstat for Earth?

Assuming the heating wire doesn't have an earth then yes, you can just isolate the CPCs in the backbox using a piece of choc block.

Thanks for the prompt reply - your advice is spot on and kind of what I thought so happy you have confirmed this! Sorry about expecting folk to know it was 8 terminals - I just reckoned only folk that were knowledgeable / interested in the Warmup XSTAT would open this post.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back