Warning notice for new boiler and gas supply turned off

Colin its not abuse, its standard. Try the counter of a merchants at 8am lol. Its none of our business who or how happens at your end but it is each individuals perogative to what advice they want to give.

Sponsored Links
Getting it sorted is all I want to do, I was hoping to get the answers to whether a new pipe should have been installed and to what diameter it should be 22 or 28mm and whether that was the cause of the loss in pressure so I am well informed and don't end up with more dodgy work being done.

Sponsored Links
Thank you gordongas for your reply, regardless of whether is should be 22 or 28, am I right in saying it should not be 15mm and could this be the casue of the low gas pressure?

It needs sizing properly, doesn't matter what size as long as the end result is right. I wouldn't clart on with the installer, just phone gas safe with your concerns and let them handle it.

I'm with you Steely. I FGA loads of boilers every week & have never ever seen the P1 pressure have any bearing on the combustion of a condensing boiler. But can again remind everyone, this debate should only be continued behind closed doors!!

Colin973 why you so interested in what size pipe you need , pipe sizing calculations need to be done ;) you've had info from someone saying its to small, then its to small . ;) get someone who knows what there doing then you don't need to do the pipe sizing calculations ;)

I had an Eco tec at 4.5mb working in full mode , no effect on readings at all, however the hob was effected when boiler kicked in so .......

In spite of what your installers told/promised you, I have a sneaking suspicion you will never see them again.

As the GasSafe guys on here are telling you, get in a local reputable rgi to sort the situation. Only snag is, a lot of rgi's wont touch someone else's bodge - especially if there is no evidence of any benchmarking.

I hope I am wrong on the above.

lets ask the simple question first , how far from meter is your boiler .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back