Washing machine (Hoover PE235) Gets stuck in cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At various points in the wash cycle, it gets stuck. At first I could encourage it to move on but now even that doesn't work at the spin stage. I've taken the timer apart and it looks fine, the motor does turn during the cycle, so I'm not convinced I need a new timer.
I looked at the filter, nothing in there and the pump moves freely (and does remove water when in that part of the cycle).

Any ideas are appreciated :)

Dave

Sponsored Links
I haven't as it spins fine, all night in fact :( I just can't get it to finish. It also gets stuck at other stages during the cycle, gently nursing the control forward seems to get it to carry on but this doesn't work during spin.
This is why I initially suspected the timer but since it does turn (until it gets stuck) and the tracks inside it look fine, I'm not convinced.

Well, I took the plunge and replaced the timer, it hasn't solved it.
I suspect there's a sensor somewhere that's not working, anyone got a clue where to start looking?

I'm currently still using the machine, I just have to nudge it on at the end of the rinse cycle then switch it off when it gets somewhere around the end of the spin cycle so I can get my clothes out :)

Dave

Sponsored Links
Slim possibility you may have a blocked pressure chamber or stuck pressure switch.

Blow into the pressure pipe and see if it is clear then into the pressure switch it should click several times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back