Washing machine pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a really simple question so forgive me. Both our dishwasher and washing machine are now cold feed only. Are the taps when off secure or would you recommend capping them off as extra security against a leak one day. Presume if you do recommend that I can buy a screw on end cap for the purpose?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
easier to fit 3/4" BSP blank caps onto the valve, but i would fit something because they might get bumped or start passing slghtly and you will have a problem by the time you notice the slight drip

Why have you gone cold feed only? I save loads of money by going hot only on my dishwasher, it doesnt burn electricity heating the water for every cycle. It also keeps limescale down to a minimum.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Why have you gone cold feed only? I save loads of money by going hot only on my dishwasher, it doesnt burn electricity heating the water for every cycle. It also keeps limescale down to a minimum.

Tony

And you use hot water to rinse, which can set the food rather than wash it.
You only heat the water you need if the machine does it & there is no hot water left in the pie to go cold.

I think you are mistaken, with the saving money.

The dishwasher goes on at night when the house goes to bed so any hot water left in the tank gets used, limescale is minimal in a high scale area and the pots are always spotless.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back