Washing machine remote from a drain

But first call is the washing machine makers. Even if three parallel 22mm copper pipes are used from the washing machine to the drain that would be a superior fix than a last resort grey water pump.

Sponsored Links
No you never. You were saying there was no pump available and were clearly implying that. I put you right Mr pump expert. BTW, the word saniflo is used generically.
I saved you time, money and embarrassment by saying no to the links you posted to Saniflo pumps within the Saniflo range of water pumps available on the uk market, at no time did I say there wasn`t a pump on the UK market available so please show me where I said that.
The word saniflo is used generically by the same lazy people that call all vacuum cleaners by a certain name.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Washing Machine manufacturers verdict when they get a warranty call to this installation.

Why do we bother having regulation and rules, tried and tested methods where there's always one that thinks they know better. In fact they know so much, they have to keep posting under different user names it seems as one person couldn't possibly be that clever surely?

inappropriate post removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I`m sure that will make their day being asked about 3 pipe runs from 1 appliance.

I'd like to see the Washing Machine manufacturers verdict when they get a warranty call to this installation.
They would be consulted beforehand.
Why do we bother having regulation and rules, tried and tested methods
You mean, `we have always done it this way` and cannot think out of the box to gain a superior solution.
where there's always one that thinks they know better. In fact they know so much, they have to keep posting under different user names it seems as one person couldn't possibly be that clever surely?
I hope you do not mean me.

I saved you time, money and embarrassment by saying no to the links you posted to Saniflo pumps within the Saniflo range of water pumps available on the uk market, at no time did I say there wasn`t a pump on the UK market available so please show me where I said that.
The word saniflo is used generically by the same lazy people that call all vacuum cleaners by a certain name.
You are pushing one product avoiding names of other makers. A number here do that with a certain boiler manufacturer.

You are pushing one product avoiding names of other makers. A number here do that with a certain boiler manufacturer.
I was pushing you AWAY from one manufacture and for your information I was treating you exactly like I treat a trainee ie Nope, go away and think about it! You had all the intel you needed but couldn`t see it right infront of you.

If a washing machine drain can be connected to one 32mm drain pipe 20-25 foot long, it can just as easily be connected to three 22mm copper pipe in parallel. Get it?
The three pipes are far cheaper, more reliable, saves space, no noise than a grey water pump. Get it?

I was pushing you AWAY from one manufacture and for your information I was treating you exactly like I treat a trainee ie Nope, go away and think about it! You had all the intel you needed but couldn`t see it right infront of you.
You were pushing one maker for sure. You added zero value.

If a washing machine drain can be connected to one 32mm drain pipe 20-25 foot long, it can just as easily be connected to three 22mm copper pipe in parallel. Get it?
The three pipes are far cheaper, more reliable, saves space, no noise than a grey water pump. Get it?
Only thing I get from you is ..........
You can take a donkey to water
But you can`t make it drink!

(continue if you wish but that`s it from me)

I know what direction to go now, so it is now wasting time with time wasters.

Christ, reading the thread you would think OP is playing with Gas or High Voltage power. The man is trying to get water from one side of a room to the other, with gravity & a pump on his side. This isn't rocket science, just some clever thinking & calculated risk.

Some of you guys come across as real pretentious self riotous assholes, it has to be said.

OP - Jerry rig up a trial of it. Buy the pipe, duct tap the outlet hose of washing machine into pipe, run a few test cycles & see what happens. If you poor water all over the floor & flood the neighbours it's your own fault, but let us know how you get on?

edit: Considered rigging up some sort of holding vessel that can drain slower? Hang one of these behind/next to the machine? Heck, you could use a garden hose to drain it slowly over a long period of time if you are only using the machine once a week..... http://www.septicsolutions.net/store/Filtrol160.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back