Washing machine remote from a drain

................................... Heck, you could use a garden hose to drain it slowly over a long period of time if you are only using the machine once a week..... http://www.septicsolutions.net/store/Filtrol160.htm
My error, thought we were talking about a smart expensive London flat where people pay good money for a kitchen designer to maximise space so don`t think rigging up a holding vessel and running a garden hose quite cuts it myself. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Meh, his kitchen design has put him in this position. If it was as easy as moving the machine then he obviously would have. He is where he is & is simply asking for helps & advice, not condensing posts being deliberately obtuse

Stick a cylinder like what I posted into the adjcant cupboard, drain into it, and then route the pipework round the walls to the drain. What bit of that wouldnt work?

Meh, his kitchen design has put him in this position. If it was as easy as moving the machine then he obviously would have. He is where he is & is simply asking for helps & advice, not condensing posts being deliberately obtuse

Stick a cylinder like what I posted into the adjcant cupboard, drain into it, and then route the pipework round the walls to the drain. What bit of that wouldnt work?

This poster has a history of coming up with odd problems, (usually surrounding gas installations), asks for advice, then disregards everything they say as he has already come up with his own solution, and starts insulting time served trades who are giving up their time to try and help.

I have a suspicion, (as I think others do), this is the same person who keeps coming back under different aliases, following a ban of his previous incarnation. So far we've had Water Systems, Big Burner, Dr Drivel, Gayton Tonner, to name but a few....

What adjacent cupboard?
Have you read the parts re pipe size(s) and shallow fall?

Following on from Hugh`s useful post I really can`t be arsed anymore.

Sponsored Links
Christ, reading the thread you would think OP is playing with Gas or High Voltage power. The man is trying to get water from one side of a room to the other, with gravity & a pump on his side. This isn't rocket science, just some clever thinking & calculated risk.

Some of you guys come across as real pretentious self riotous assholes, it has to be said.

OP - Jerry rig up a trial of it. Buy the pipe, duct tap the outlet hose of washing machine into pipe, run a few test cycles & see what happens. If you poor water all over the floor & flood the neighbours it's your own fault, but let us know how you get on?

edit: Considered rigging up some sort of holding vessel that can drain slower? Hang one of these behind/next to the machine? Heck, you could use a garden hose to drain it slowly over a long period of time if you are only using the machine once a week..... http://www.septicsolutions.net/store/Filtrol160.htm
Andehh, thanks. Yes, they an unhelpful pretentious bunch. The first response was poor as well. Some were helpful of course, but most were assholes as you noted. Few offered any sort of solution with many coming on the thread with attitude with a capital A. I knew this would happen, so concentrated on the positive posts trying to ignore the idiots. Some started off OK then the attitude came, the pump man was a prime example.

Using three parallel 22mm copper pipes using tees and bends to 28mm at each end should work fine. That gives a big increase in `bore`. As you say, worth trying. If problems add another 22mm length. Even better as it is all slanting downhill and hopefully into a trap with an air break. The drain into the stack I have decided will have a 40mm cleanable non-return valve in, so all the installation is protected from backing from the stack. Cleaning the three pipes should be easy as high pressure mains water can be run through. Also the normal of pouring Johnsons drain blocker down occasionally as should be done with all drains. The lint filter is a good idea of yours to ensure the copper pipes do not accumulate solids inside.

thanks.

Let him flood his wee expensive flat and his neighbours beneath them and the ones beneath them etc..
Let him knacker his wee inexpensive washer, cos he can't afford owt expensive or a skilled plumber, because he has spent his wee wage on his swanky flat.

A+1 Hole.

This poster has a history of coming up with odd problems, (usually surrounding gas installations), asks for advice, then disregards everything they say as he has already come up with his own solution,
I come up with a solution after reading the comments. Most I disregard, especially those with attitude, like your non-productive post now. BTW, I am hard-work!

Let him flood his wee expensive flat and his neighbours beneath them and the ones beneath them etc..
Let him knacker his wee inexpensive washer, cos he can't afford owt expensive or a skilled plumber, because he has spent his wee wage on his swanky flat.

A+1 Hole.
Im thinking he is the expensive kitchen designer who's in the mire. :D

A+1 Hole.
If I got a plumber like you he would say the washing machine can't go on that wall. BTW, I hope your home town is ruled by Dublin soon. ;)

You never gave a suggestion or `method`. What would that be?
Yes, I am the sort who likes justice.

I love this forum:LOL:i am feeling the peace and love strongly.
I want a plumbing forum for the many, not the few!:whistle:

It may gratifying for the OP to hear what they want to hear, but in time after they have taken the time to fit pipe and fitted the appliance, then issues that may occur, do occur. That gratification can be stuck up ones rusty bullet hole with a red hot poker.

It is a foolish method, and consideration of redesigning the whole thing should be considered.
I agree completely.

Having read through the rest of this thread, I have now come to realise that the OP was refusing to take any of the good advice offered by professional plumbers on here. Worse still, he became rather abusive when it was made clear to him that what he wanted to do would not work. Not acceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back