Washing machine starts to spin then stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Beko Wm6123w washing machine that was making loud banging noises and would try to spin then stop. Now it doesn't bang but it starts spinning and as it speeds up it then stops again and it keeps doing this. So far I have opened it up and looked at the belt it seems ok and the springs are in tack the drum feels quite wobbly but not sure about that. Also it turns ok by hand Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards Rob

Sponsored Links
We had a similar problem with our Bosch washer, it would bang and bash about it even walked 9" out of its hole! Then it started to spin but would stop.

Calling he help line we were first told to check the machine was level and not on a wonky floorboard. That was checked, so a guy came out and, of course, it worked just fine!

He concluded that the most common reason for banging and spin problems was [and I quote] "an uneven load" - I didn't quite understand the concept of the "uneven load" - how can you chuck a load of washing in a circular drum unevenly? Well, I don't know but apparently you can!

We experimented and found that some items needed a half load, other items, like towels, needed a fuller load, totally illogical if you ask me

It could be worn drum bearings which are making the drum wobble which is then detected as an uneven load. Usually the machine goes back to agitate mode to try to redistribute the load then has another attempt at spinning. If you hold the outer tub steady and can wobble the inner drum it is either the drum bearings or the drum support spider that has failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back