Waste 40mm pushfit to solvent weld?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 40mm pushfit waste going outside from a washing machine, and I wanted to run some solvent weld 40mm to the drains, however push fit and solvent weld pipes and joints aren't compatible - pushfit is way too small.

Does anyone know if the likes of Screwfix sell 90 degree elbow adapter for pushfit to solvent weld? Not sure how else I'm supposed to connect them! Both pipes should be floplast

Sponsored Links
+1 but if its outside, its solvent weld all the way as its UV stable.
John :)

It's outside, but I've got the 40mm pushfit from inside going outside, so I somehow need to get the pushfit onto solvent weld.

Didn't really want to use a compression, but doesn't seem like I have much choice!

Sponsored Links
Inside, the push fit is fine....maybe you could join inside and then continue to the outside?
It doesn't fail overnight, you know - but after a few years it gets thin and cracks. You could always paint the push fit - just to keep the light away.
John :)

Didn't really want to use a compression, but doesn't seem like I have much choice!

You'll use push fit but not compression? Out of all the types I'd avoid it would be pushfit, it's the easiest to get pulled or blown off the pipe.

Stick a compression on it, it'll take a few years for it to thin and go brittle.

You'll use push fit but not compression? Out of all the types I'd avoid it would be pushfit, it's the easiest to get pulled or blown off the pipe.

Stick a compression on it, it'll take a few years for it to thin and go brittle.

Sorry, I meant outside :)

I've got a temporary setup now until we get the drive sorted using the compression joints. Appears to work OK on the solvent weld side, however wont be abel to test the pushfit side until the washer goes on. Should be fine I hope!

As long as you have the seals on correctly and fit the pipe tight into the fitting and tighten fully then you can be confident there will be no issues.

If you can get McAlpine fittings then spending that little bit more would be my recommendation, they're about as good as you can get.

As long as you have the seals on correctly and fit the pipe tight into the fitting and tighten fully then you can be confident there will be no issues.

If you can get McAlpine fittings then spending that little bit more would be my recommendation, they're about as good as you can get.

Got McAlpine on them :) Just letting the solvent weld go off before I try it. I know you're supposed to let them dry for 24 hours, but unfortunately we need some underwear for tomorrow!

Solvent welded joints need 24 hrs to cure if they are to be working under pressure, i.e. mains water etc. For waste purposes you can use them almost straight away. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back