Waste Pipe Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So wife told me waste pipe outside was leaking when emptying bath so i had a look its loose and not pushed on properly.

Seems there it not enough space to push on the compression fitting.

any help what to do here would be much appreciated

Thanks Matt
y4ma4OdkCDzxnUzxu_5YV7v1MTRb2UFYCgllg-fo1CoIqBC7rUgC3KWkHenzTVS8-yf6lQxBZsucYiEeM0VjdXm9wMLhi9MJKldC-ypvAwEpyY2-QAyArnOyy4Vx3VdGm_lgRgQmDkaYngcQz563DSIzsyoxMRD5__glXyYy1u5p-EHGc2_pifeViiXtnOME1aQ

y4mAltZmsxLPbGv-9yZPbwZBvE1W0QUymptu3a8_S_jIW0wcdElGomr__bllaQSUpubFPfkNBr0DuUfqwFCHejI5alxq7Jj257-5OkDa_NurezF0hL9XevULetilpn43lRJiKNKZiM3yzsL7yHR_dv2mrtJYJt9RyM47eED3rMOF3ychmNLsOQrrnWJ6lOcccvA

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that waste pipe needs replacing, internal and externally.

Andy

If it's a long straight run from under the bath - maybe the pipe has become bowed over time, resulting in it seeming to become shorter. If so, buy some pipe clips and fix them to prevent bowing. Take a look behind the bath panel.

Otherwise, as above - replace with a longer piece of pipe.

yes its a long straight run under the bath , Problem is the bath is sealed with a tiled bath panel , Was hoping to be able to do something from outside .

Matt

Sponsored Links
Was hoping to be able to do something from outside
The trouble is, if you pull it, it’s likely to pull out the other end, then a tiled bath panel is the least of your worries. It could do with being a little away from the soil pipe as well.

Barratt Home by any chance? Push fit waste has always been the DIY'ers domain, it's easier to work with and allows alterations. I can only assume Barratt specified it as it was cheaper, (and along with every other corner cut), saves money on each build.

Two options, first is to chisel out the mortar around where the pipe comes out the wall, and try and reattach the bend, hoping it doesn't cause an issue inside if the pipe moves.

Second, (and preferable in my view) would be to bite the bullet, remove the Bath Panel and replace the lot, this time using solvent weld waste. If Plan A goes wrong and the pipe moves whilst you're trying to refit the bend, then you may well end up having the bath panel off anyway.

yes its a long straight run under the bath , Problem is the bath is sealed with a tiled bath panel , Was hoping to be able to do something from outside .

Matt
Is there no access hatch in the tiled panel?
Show us pics of the bath and is the plug hole near the external wall or an internal wall ?
As HERTS P&D says replace the whole pipe externally and internally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back