Waste pipe through flat fiberglass roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to bring a toilet waste pipe, down through a flat fiberglass roof.

What's the best way to go about this, without causing leaks in the future?

Sponsored Links
Skiny, good evening.

Entirely dependent on distance to the main drain and the existing ventilation to the main drain have a look at a "Durgo Valve"

Ken.

Thanks for the reply. My main concern is potential leaking of rainwater into the fiberglass roof, where the pipe comes through. I'll add a drawing to show what I mean.

If I were to use a pipe flashing boot, how would I get a good seal between it and the roof?

The red pipe in the drawing currently doesn't exist and there is no indoor plumbing within the main building.

VJ0JMlX.png

Sponsored Links
Any suitable roofer or other competent person will not be phased by this, it just needs to be done properly.

As above: ref its a simple task for a competent flat roofer.

Perhaps it would help if you explained how come you intend to route a soil pipe this way?
Perhaps there are better routing alternatives?

As always, a few photos often simplify a solution?

Yep I would use a flat roof boot, I would cut away the fibre glass back to the roof deck fit the boot clamp it up and then glass over it again glassing up the boot and then slip a pipe collar down over the top and glue in place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back