Water Coming Up BathWaste into Bath

I don't see "mark of recommendation" mentioned anywhere in my post above :rolleyes:

And... You constantly refer to "some bad tradesmen" in your posts BG and whilst there certainly are such individuals out in the marketplace, the ones I have had the misfortune to come across in my time are hardly the sort, likely to frequent forums, such as this, and offer advice!

Just like TV 'entertainment' programmes such as "Cowboy Builders" and "Rogue Traders"; you are doing nothing but help create a false impression of the industry, a skewed and inaccurate cross-section of tradespeople, just waiting for their phones to ring, so they can come round, bodge work and rip you off!

Get some accreditation behind your name and give it a rest!

Tell us why you think the regular tradesmen keep coming back and posting here!

Sponsored Links
are hardly the sort, likely to frequent forums, such as this, and offer advice!

Umm what about those "professionals" on this forum who dismissed as " anyone can make a mistake " the RGI who left the cap of the flue sampling port of a boiler.

Thinking about it Hugh... It would be useful if there was a forum indicator on profiles/screen names that showed if the poster is a tradesman or DIYer!

I think that is a very good idea, if nothing else it gives people the option of who's advice they want to take, and who is actually time served, experienced and qualified to back up what they are suggesting.

I think that is a very good idea, if nothing else it gives people the option of who's advice they want to take, and who is actually time served, experienced and qualified to back up what they are suggesting.

That was precisely my thinking(y)

Sponsored Links
you are doing nothing but help create a false impression of the industry

Sorry but there is a bad side to the industry, the small minority of tradesmen who do not have the ability or desire to do a good job. The impression that some "tradesmen" are bad is not a false impression. it is a fact.

I don't see "mark of recommendation" mentioned anywhere in my post above :rolleyes:

If a poster is flagged as being a tradesperson then by implication it is assumed they are more knowledgable than a DIYer and it would follow that the DIYer would be recommende to take the advice from a tradesman than from another DIYer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back