Water constantly pouring from drainpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

After some help as have no idea about plumbing, usually call my mate but he's on holiday so hopefully you guys can help!!

We've a drainpipe which constantly has water running out of it, not a trickle but a bit more than that.

I've no idea why when the only pipes connected to it are from the toilet sink, bath & shower and gutter. Neither sink, bath & shower taps are on and it's not raining!

Only other thing possibly connected although can't see how is the toilet itself.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Matt

Sponsored Links
surely its a waste pipe with them connected to it not a drain pipe.
loft tanks overflow not connected to it :idea:

have you a pic ?

Hopefully these will help?

First pic is the water coming out of centre drainpipe.

Second shows the waste pipe on far left, problem drainpipe in centre with waste pipes from bath/shower/sink coming into it from the right.

Third pic again shows waste pipe on far left which isn't affected by the others.

Sponsored Links
We do, one large one and a smaller one. My old man was up there earlier today and said he'd drained them off yet still the water flowed.

He's no expert mind and maybe they'd not drained out fully.

Any money on a partial blockage in the bottom section of pipe just above the shoe, so the pipe and hopper fill with water, which slowly drains past the blockage or escapes from the joint just below window sill level?

My money is on an attic tank overflow pipe terminating in the roof guttering
Like I discovered at my daughters house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back