Water doesnt seem to stay hot

mazzab said:
OH has just said it would knacker the machine to run it without any water going in through the hot tap?
Interesting. Which component(s) does he say would become damaged? :confused:

Sponsored Links
We've been pondering what is best to do... it would be easier to just go straight across from where the leak was to the tap in the kitchen, into the concrete. However the downside to this is that he would be cutting through the damp proof course as the pipe is below it..... :confused:

Otherwise he's got to pull the kitchen units out to get the pipe behind.... oh god I'm dreading these next couple of days!!!

Why not just drill 20mm hole at back of each unit? Wouldn't be seen would it?

mazzab said:
OH has just said it would knacker the machine to run it without any water going in through the hot tap????

Bet him 50p that it won't. You can send half of it to me.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Why not just drill 20mm hole at back of each unit? Wouldn't be seen would it?

You mean have the pipes in the cupboards rather than behind them....

JohnD said:
mazzab said:
OH has just said it would knacker the machine to run it without any water going in through the hot tap????

Bet him 50p that it won't. You can send half of it to me.

:D He wont have it... reckons it will knacker the pump...... :?:

The washing machine will be fine without the hot supply! It will fill with cold and heat the water up itself. Only on hot washes (60°C+) would it take in hot only on the main wash and if there isn't any water entering it will just wait until there is.

I'm not a betting man, but I'll have 50p on that one!

The WM pump is for emptying it, not filling it... ;)

Consider running pipe under the cupds - plenty of room if you take the plinths off to get pipe fixed to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back