water dripping from front courtesy light housing...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have a ford focus estate and noticed today a few drips coming from the plastic housing of the front interior light. On loosening the plastic around the light and a tablespoon of water came out!

I'm thinking that in all this weather, somehow water has got under the car roof and has made its way to the lowest point??

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not mad keen on water getting into the electrics obv!. Is there anything I (or a garage) should look for eg common ingress point?

Thanks in advance

SB

Sponsored Links
Sunroof gutters blocked if you have one and rear tailgate hinges/rubber boots though its a bit far forward for those unless the car sits on a hill.

Don't know if your radio aerial is over the top of it but these do leak in other cars.

Peter

Sponsored Links
thanks for those suggestions but I think I need to look elsewhere
No sun roof and car is parked on the flat
aerial at rear
car hasn't seen a car wash..... ever! -occasional hand job but that's it :)

take a close look at any rubber joins on the windscreen.has been known that if a new screen has been fitted they sometimes fail there.

ooooops - apologiess all, just realised that the ariel is exactly above the courtesy light..... (was at the back on my previous car... but hey that was only 4 years back!)

I'll check this first and maybe try a bit of clear silicone sealant around it

thanks again for suggestions

SB

:D

If you take the light out you can usually get to the aerial, if you remove the nut you can take it out, give it a good clean and smear some waxoil on it before refitting.

Peter

Sounds like you've had this before, Peter :p
I've had a couple or aerials break off with snow weight, too.
John :)

Oh yes John, very common fault on Citroen/Peugeot vehicles - particularly my own. :(

Peter

Sponsored Links
Back