Water entry as tiled roof not right angle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many years ago i had an extension fitted with Fortecrete (?) tiles fitted and to gain lenght the builder made it to shallow. I had always had water entry in bad rain. Had a roofer look at it and he was able to put a sealant on tiles to stop water getting under tiles. At the time he said this is not a correct repair but there was no other answer. Water coming in again does anybody know what sealant he used ? looked like a mastic gun type tube.

Sponsored Links
People need to stop putting roof tiles on flat roofs for a start.

Strip the lot off and build a flat roof system, then fit the tiles back on as decoration.

You can paint the hole roof this a waterproofing stuf. It will last a few year but ypu will always have trubbel with it. If you was to strip the roof and do it as a flat roof then put your tiles back on you would have the problem of putting nails throw your water prove membranes. Try getting something like this should last a few years just be shore you put a few cotes on
http://www.diybuildingproducts.co.u...gle_shopping&gclid=CLTx78iO0roCFfMctAodXUUA4A

Sponsored Links
I was thinking Onduline or similar.

I don't know what looks worse, an overly flat roof pitch with tiles on it or a standard flattie.

I was thinking Onduline or similar.
Nice! :p :rolleyes:
Er....the point I was getting at was that if people are insisting on putting tiles on ridiculously low pitched roofs they may as well have protection beneath.

I just don't understand why anyone would want tiles on such a low pitch in any case - they look shoite.

As said, zinc or lead or GRP or even a felted flattie looks better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back