Water feature cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Need to extend the cable to a water
feature. The cable is going to be chased it to a breeze block wall.

what is the best thing to connect cables to extend?

this 3C858303-A04E-4515-8010-B8FC8ECA96ED.jpeg
Or 3805E232-8C00-4DC5-B2EB-28FA3C99C5FA.jpeg Or neither?

it will be buried in a wall...
ta

Sponsored Links
Both of the connection methods you have shown are only suitable for use where they are accessible for inspection. The bottom item is only suitable for use indoors.

I haven't come across a good soloution for joining cables inside a solid wall. Crimped connections don't need to be accessible but I hesitate to suggest them to a DIYer because cheap tools can easilly result in unreliable connections. All the maintinance free junction boxes seem to be designed to be installed in hollow walls/floors not solid ones.

Is there no way you can locate the joint somewhere accessible?

I could I suppose. Can I use something like this C68F70ED-1DA4-4EF4-8E88-66AE2AE9443D.jpegbut bury it, leaving the front exposed and flush to the wall, thus providing access...

Hi,
Need to extend the cable to a water
feature. The cable is going to be chased it to a breeze block wall.

what is the best thing to connect cables to extend?

it will be buried in a wall...
ta
These questions raise so many other questions.
"Need to extend the cable to a water feature." (?)

Why does this "cable" need to be "extended"? (Also, what is the construction of this "cable" and the voltage of the supply concerned?)

"The cable is going to be chased it to a breeze block wall."
Why and how will the "cable" enter and egress the "chasing" in the wall ? (Junction Box, Socket Outlet or what?)

Please explain - with photographs, if possible.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back