water flow rate to cold supply

kevplumb said:
flow is measured in litres per minute

pressure is in bar

see how long it takes to fill a 10 litre bucket

CP3 is a warning notice

WHAT cp3 warning notice kev?
you will find it is a commissioning certificate for flue, chimmney and fireplace certificate.

Sponsored Links
BES sell the valve bodies and a range of inserts to suit.

B.O.B DOLE said:
kevplumb said:

pressure is in bar

CP3 is a warning notice

you will find it is a commissioning certificate for flue, chimmney and fireplace certificate.

CP3 is the principle warning notice for gas operatives.

The use of this notice allows the gas operative who identifies an Immediately Dangerous, At Risk or Substandard appliance/installation to bring the defect(s) to the attention of the responsible person

Thanks oilman,

I knew I'd seen them somewhere, but forgot where (it's getting more frequent every year). BES part no. 16819 - and at £4 each maybe I should splash out on a few, with a range of inserts.

No doubt the ball valve itself will be much better engineered than those dirt cheap imports, which I've had leakage problems with.

Sponsored Links
I would not be too sure about the country of origin of the BES products. However at only £4 each surely that is a reasonable price to pay if they will quieten down a noisy outlet.

For DIA, in that case as well as the larger room and the breakfast, I can offer you a welcome from a darkly tanned wife with long flowing eastern robes in a variety of colours with matching accessories and high heels to bring her up to well over 6' in height.

Tony Glazier

doitall said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
kevplumb said:

pressure is in bar

CP3 is a warning notice

CP3 is the principle warning notice for gas operatives.

The use of this notice allows the gas operative who identifies an Immediately Dangerous, At Risk or Substandard appliance/installation to bring the defect(s) to the attention of the responsible person

see page 161 in corgi book

According to my copy of Essential Gas Safety (third edition) - page 133 describes "the Chimney, Fireplace and Hearth Commissioning Certificate - CP3. The actual CP3 is reproduced on page 145.

The main Warning/Advice Notice is CP14, shown on page 139. So Mr Dole appears to be right, even if he got the page number wrong.

chrishutt said:
According to my copy of Essential Gas Safety (third edition) - page 133 describes "the Chimney, Fireplace and Hearth Commissioning Certificate - CP3. The actual CP3 is reproduced on page 145.

The main Warning/Advice Notice is CP14, shown on page 139. So Mr Dole appears to be right, even if he got the page number wrong.

can understand this my third idition book on page 139 has emergancy control valve.
and page 133 is a index page.
what do you have on page 161

chrishutt said:

Sorry Chris my copy says the same as kevs 2-2

The actual Certificate that I'm looking at right now says.

CP14 :cry: :cry: 3-2

Just noticed, my copy says "third edition -revised" and the revision is dated October 2003. Previous third edition was dated November 2002. (all this info on first page inside front cover.

chrishutt said:
Just noticed, my copy says "third edition -revised" and the revision is dated October 2003. Previous third edition was dated November 2002. (all this info on first page inside front cover.

my copy is nov 2002 should they send a new one if it is updated free
are do i have to pay for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back