Water fountain light fitting!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had just moved into mine and my girlfriends first place a few years ago it was a maissonette and we were the top part. Any way it needed doing up and i did everything to it, re wire bit of plastering. etc. I came to the kitchen where the floor boards needed to be replacing, so i got some new floor boards and replaced them, As i was replacing them i forgot to mark where pipes were so as i hit a nail down i hit a pipe and heard a hisssing noise. My girlfriend and i first thought it was a gas pipe because of the hisssingso we opened the front door and stood on the outside steps thinking what shall we do now in a panic. Next thing i knew the bloke downstairs came out and said whats going on?i've got water coming out of my ceiling!! I ran in turned stop cock off and wwent down to the bloke to access the damage as i walked in there was water pouring out of his glass bowl shaped light fitting. it was quite an embarrasing situation :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
water leaking from sir's fault to someone else's below always ends up running into/out of one of their light fittings

it's the law

you bnoth stood on the doorstep thinking what do we do now. Well a sensible solution would be to turn of the gas. :rolleyes: If no gas in your flat ask other occupants to turn off their gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back