A few years ago the water board put in a nice new switching station 300yds down our country lane. We're the first house upstream.
This summer they turned up the pressure, we now have a healthy 3.5 bar, but it varies a lot, occasionally more like 2 bar and just now I sat and watched the pressure gauge with nothing running in the house and saw it rise to 4.3 bar.
No complaints from me about the pressure, but sometimes, again with nothing running in the house, we get a hell of a rattling in the pipes.
I presume this is when a valve suddenly shuts in the switching station.
So I want to put an air buffer on the rising main.. I see them globe-shaped, and I see them with a piston.
Any difference?
Which ones do you favour?
This summer they turned up the pressure, we now have a healthy 3.5 bar, but it varies a lot, occasionally more like 2 bar and just now I sat and watched the pressure gauge with nothing running in the house and saw it rise to 4.3 bar.
No complaints from me about the pressure, but sometimes, again with nothing running in the house, we get a hell of a rattling in the pipes.
I presume this is when a valve suddenly shuts in the switching station.
So I want to put an air buffer on the rising main.. I see them globe-shaped, and I see them with a piston.
Any difference?
Which ones do you favour?
