Water outlet advice please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'll try and explain whats going on ...

My house has had work done by a not to competant builder (he was sued for the work done, not by us but by some previos owners) and one of the the results of thaqt work is that now the waste water from the washing machine and dishwasher (W/D) goes into a u-bend and then connects outside to the rainwater downpipe which then goes into the ground and is dispersed into the ground. I know this because I've haqd a guy put a camera down the pipes. The result is that the water drains down and finds its way out halfway down my drive which then flows accross the pavement and into the gutter. I know it's coming from the W/D becasue where the water has pooled then there are washing powder deposits and it can also be seen to happen during hard rain falls.

I should mention that the wall adjacent to the W/D wall is where the sink is and also the waste water drain.

The wife has arranged for a plumber to have a look at it and he thinks its 30 mins work.

What could he do to sort this out?

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Simple answer is re-plumb the w/d waste into the correct waste system instead of the surface water. Not sure why you're asking really.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm asking for ways in which this can be done.

Out the back, along the wall, round the corner and down into the waste system, taking the rain water along with it.

Inside round the back of the kitchen units to tap into the waste system under the sink. Could the units be removed, work done and put back in a short space of time?

As we can't see the layout of your kitchen and drainage system that's rather an impossible call I would have said.

Sponsored Links
The wife has arranged for a plumber to have a look at it and he thinks its 30 mins work.

What could he do to sort this out?
He knows, and it's going to take half an hour.
Let him get on with it, so long as he's competent.

As long as correct sized pipe (40mm) is used, it has an adequate fall (slope) and discharges into a foul drain then thats about it. Pipe could be routed through the cupboards if need be. Rainwater should be left as is, connection to foul drain for rainwater is only permitted in extreme circumstances as a last resort.

I doubt if he will be taking any cupboards out in 30 mins. More likely he will change your sink trap and connect to that. He might remove the plinths.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back