Water pressure & flow in the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We moved into our house about 6 months ago and are slowly renovating. We removed the old header tank and hot water tank as we want the rook space, wanted the airing cupboard back and wanted on demand hot water all of the time. So, installed a WB combi.

We are about to replace the whole bathroom but i'm concerned about the water pressure and flow upstairs.

I've measured around the house;
  • Downstairs (main feed) cold is about 3.5 bar and 12-14 ltrs per min. When you turn the hot on it drops to about 2 bar and 8 ltrs per min.
  • Upstairs I get from the cold about ltrs per min and 2 bar, dropping to about ltrs per min and 1-1.5 bar when the hot is on
Firstly, why such a difference and can I do anything about it?

Secondly, is this going to be enough to power an overhead rain shower (i'm installing good quality Kohler and Mira fixtures) and wall spouts?

Appreciate your input. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That would help wouldn't it!!

I get 7-8ltr per min on the hot which then drops to 2ltr per min when the cold is turned on.

Sponsored Links
Have you thought about showering under a bucket?

You can tip a 5 litre bucket over yourself in about 6 seconds and that will be the equivalent of 50 litres per minute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back