Water Pressure Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm hoping you guys might be able to help. My current water level with washing machine active is on 5 bar, not sure if that's normal.

Admittedly I was fiddling with the connections to fit a temporary hose to the back garden as our taps or too big to connect a simple hose on on.

This morning we had an almighty leak in the kitchen, perhaps I didn't tighten the connection enough as was leaking from where I took it off yesterday.

But now the pressure with washing machine on is 5 bar.

Cheers

Jason

Sponsored Links
Where and how are you measuring water pressure?
Photograph of pressure reading might be useful.

My static pressure is 4.5 bar with a 22mm cold water supply. The hot and cold system is balanced in pipework layout with pressure regulators at taps. No problems. If a fitting or pipe is not rated to at least 10 bar, most are, then I do not fit it. The dynamic pressure when all taps are on is around 3.5 to 3.75 bar. Water delivery fabulous. Pressure reducing valve not needed.

To be sure, I have 1/4 turn 15mm valves at washing machine and dishwasher at high level in adjacent kitchen cupboard. Open door turn valve on or off, takes seconds. They are off when appliances not in use to reduce problems on hoses. Hoses are rated at 10 bar. But I want to be sure no bursts if hoses deteriorate.

Sponsored Links
My static pressure is 4.5 bar with a 22mm cold water supply. The hot and cold system is balanced in pipework layout with pressure regulators at taps.

To be sure, I have 1/4 turn 15mm valves at washing machine and dishwasher at high level in adjacent kitchen cupboard. Open door turn valve on or off, takes seconds. They are off when appliances not in use to reduce problems on hoses. Hoses are rated at 10 bar. But I want to be sure no bursts if hoses deteriorate.
Change hoses every two years then! :p

Daft idea, as it can still fail. Best put a 1/4 turn isolation valve that is easy to flick off and on. Simple, logical. Water on to appliances and hoses when they are operating. Simple. Obvious.

Daft idea, as it can still fail. Best put a 1/4 turn isolation valve that is easy to flick off and on. Simple, logical. Water on to appliances and hoses when they are operating. Simple. Obvious.
Err, actually your words "I want to make sure no bursts if hoses deteriote" are what I replied too but I guess that you just want this thread closed down as seems your way.

You wrote that changing hoses every few years implying it would be better or equal. I explained why that is not a good idea at all to what I do, and the best is a 1/4 turn stop tap that takes seconds to flick on and off next to the appliance. A hose, or appliance, could fail during the night if left permanently on producing a water leak. Having the hose pressurised only when the appliance is operating gives the hose, and water sections of the appliance longevity, and if a failure when you are about, to easily isolate. All quite obvious.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back