Water pressure too low to fill boiler

Sponsored Links
You could say that, but we need results, not being left stuck out.
Seriously if you did have a bike and someone deflated it and you had no bike pump, or other means to inflate it, you would consider using a garage monster compressor, I have seen many kids/people take their bike to garages to inflate their tyres, you even get a special adaptor sold in bike spare shops to do so, bike tyre needs even stronger (like 90psi) pressure than car tyres. Besides all boilers have PRV to safely expel excess pressure.

You are trying to create a problem that does not exist.
really !!

Does the supply come from the spring via a storage tank outside or in the loft and where in relation to the boiler is the filter?
litl

Sponsored Links
unhelpful and abusive
I can assure you my dear chap that I could solve this problem in minutes, you however think that a PRV releases air if an expansion vessel is over pressurized, dear oh dear oh dear, stop posting drivel you are not helping the OP in any wayand you have no idea whatsoever how a sealed heating system works

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikefromlondon. What happens when the relief valve can't pass 6l/min?

Nozzle

I can assure you my dear chap that I could solve this problem in minutes,

Since it is not gas related and does not involve a pressurised domestic hot water system there is nothing in the forum rules to prevent you telling the OP how it can be solved in minutes. Do it privately if you prefer to keep it secret from other people

if you don't know anything about how a sealed heating system works, you need to hand back your card, you must be so incompetent if you didn't understand a simple pressure jet washer forces out water under pressure and this pressure can be coupled to filling loop and fill up a boiler with water and not AIR. Please don't make a fool of yourself, if you don't understand, ask.
:rolleyes:

Mikefromlondon. What happens when the relief valve can't pass 6l/min?

Nozzle
Where does the question of overfilling comes from? when OP has been clearly told to fill in to a correct pressure of around 1bar or thereabouts depending on his boiler manufacturer's recommendations, and turn the pressure washer off once it reaches the correct level. Do you find this hard to understand?

You would only need to switch on pressure washer for around 5 seconds or there about, not a full minute! Sorry if you lack imagination to solve problems. This is a unique scenario and requires an unusual approach, this is not your everyday boiler filling from water mains. If you lack the confidence then refrain from being danger to yourself and others, do it if you posess the know how and confidence, which unfortunately most GSEs lack. (not all) Which is what you have just proved by asking the question in the first place. Sorry but i don't like to have to defend every post I make against ill remarks.

Last edited:
Where does the question of overfilling comes from? when OP has been clearly told to fill in to a correct pressure of around 1bar or thereabouts depending on his boiler manufacturer's recommendations, and turn the pressure washer off once it reaches the correct level. Do you find this hard to understand?

You would only need to switch on pressure washer for around 5 seconds or there about, not a full minute! Sorry if you lack imagination to solve problems. This is a unique scenario and requires an unusual approach, this is not your everyday boiler filling from water mains. If you lack the confidence then refrain from being danger to yourself and others, do it if you posess the know how and confidence, which unfortunately most GSEs lack. (not all) Which is what you have just proved by asking the question in the first place. Sorry but i don't like to have to defend every post I make against ill remarks.

A perfect demonstration of YOUR ignorance, thanks for clearing that up.

Nozzle

Last edited:
No , you know what you are doing, it is called a witch hunt. this is best you can do.

If you have any alternative solution, publish it here, let OP decide what he feels comfortable with, what means he has, others have suggested various methods one can achieve this, i suggested my method what i would do in a similar scenario, and as I happen to have one of these pressure jet washer, so that solution came to me. If every man had your attitude, the world would not have progressed to the level it is now at.

Last edited:
Sorry it is not my idea or is any different in principle to Madrab's (Rob's) idea posted on previous page post no 6, except I suggested to use power jet washer, instead of hiring or buying a dedicated water pump/pressure tester, as many people now posess water jet pressure washers in their homes for jet washing cars, pavings, etc, its no big deal suggesting that it can also be used as a means to pump in water by force.

If you ask me, even a £1.00 bicycle air pump could be used to fill a boiler, again no big deal, you fill the pump with water and push the handle hard until water is pushed through the NRV of the filling loop, the complexity lies in coupling the pump to the filling loop, most people with basic knowledge of DIY, can adapt a small bicycle pump to fill the boiler in several applications, a similar method had been suggested by Bernard using a spraying tank.

But only my posts are ridiculed because of a which hunting going on these forums and moderators are oblivious to their insults and witch hunting.

Another silly, or witch hunting post I am going to press report button for directing unnecessary criticism or throwing deliberate insults, I will see if Moderators take any action against abusers. Or they need to read forum rules themselves.

Another silly, or witch hunting post I am going to press report button for directing unnecessary criticism or throwing deliberate insults, I will see if Moderators take any action against abusers. Or they need to read forum rules themselves.
who has abused you ?? stop letting it get to you and taking it personal ,. people are not going to remember what they have said to you, so why worry .
carry on crying or grassing to the mods then you will probably get more ridicule , so chill out ...winston (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back