Water pressure too low to fill boiler

One of my posts has been deleted, and mods have referred me to forum rules, I cannot even remember what i wrote on it, but i am sure it was a fitting reply to an abuser. who questioned my suggestion and ridiculed the idea which was no dissimilar to madrab's idea. Yes when someone makes ill remarks at me I am entitled to hit back or do you suggest that I take it in and turn the other cheek? I am not Lord Jesus you know that.

Sponsored Links
One of my posts has been deleted, and mods have referred me to forum rules, I cannot even remember what i wrote on it, but i am sure it was a fitting reply to an abuser. who questioned my suggestion and ridiculed the idea which was no dissimilar to madrab's idea. Yes when someone makes ill remarks at me I am entitled to slap back or do i just stay put and turn the other cheek? I am not Lord Jesus you know that.
one persons advice , can be another persons abuse ;) ( not saying yours was abusive )

Sponsored Links
Erm I'm a little confused ....

My solution uses a hand pump, gauge and reservoir that will allow only what the hand provides in the way of pressure to be added and only in small increments as against a solution that uses a high pressure mains powered pump that will deliver an uncontrolled 100+bar of pressure instantly to a water filled sealed system that will then happily distribute that 100+bar to every part of that expensive system of valves/Hex/EV/coupling's etc in a fraction of a sec or at least probably quicker than most could react.

Can't say I see the similarity if I'm perfectly honest .... :rolleyes:

Oh all right then I didn't know you had meant to use a hand pump.

In which case there is little similarity, except both methods force water into the system.

Ah ok Mike, yup a water pressure test pump is a hand pumped rig that is connected to a sealed water pipe system allowing it to be pressure tested before connecting it to live. Just ensures all the joins/coupling's etc can hold the pressure.

yes true, we call it freedom of speech, but often it crosses the fine line. but thanks any way.:cool:
You can redeem yourself, another poster who quite frankly lost the plot, has returned and been sensible and helpful in every post. Perhaps you could follow his example.:)

I can assure you my dear chap that I could solve this problem in minutes, you however think that a PRV releases air if an expansion vessel is over pressurized, dear oh dear oh dear, stop posting drivel you are not helping the OP in any wayand you have no idea whatsoever how a sealed heating system works
I do not need to tell him anything @Madrab has already given him the correct advice

My solution uses a hand pump, gauge and reservoir that will allow only what the hand provides in the way of pressure to be added and only in small increments

I do not need to tell him anything @Madrab has already given him the correct advice

Would these three items be in the tool box of an average DIY or home owner ?, but KillaSpray may be lurking in the garden shed.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Would these three items be in the tool box of an average DIY or home owner ?, but KillaSpray may be lurking in the garden shed.
Didn't suggest that the OP would have it in their toolbox
Buy/Hire a water pressure test pump, use that to fill, bleed and inhibit, may take a while of course.
though the act & cost of hiring it for the hour or two needed should be well within the realms of most a DIY'ers.

Oh and all three items (pump/gauge/reservoir) and the proper fitting to connect to the filling loop are integral parts of a hand pumped pressure tester ;)

Agreed but if the system has to be refilled a few times before the new water supply is laid in then the act and cost of hiring a hand pumped pressure tester will be repeated. The gauge on the boiler will indicate the pressure achieved. A killer spray is dual purpose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back