Water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody state what water pressure should be supplied to a house, A ball park figure is fine. I think i remember learning that it was 1.5 bar

Sponsored Links
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Really is it that much. The guy is a neighbour, so i will check and confirm his preassure and flow rate and i guess i could then compare it to mine. but didnt expect it to be that high. But then i guess it would be with the water consumption we have. Thanks

Sponsored Links
The mains pressure in my house is 1.2 - 1.5 bar static. I live in a victorian estate and suspect that the distribution pipework won't take much more.

I'm not sure what this has to do with your water consumption though.

hi, Thanks again for the reply, 1.2 bar sound more likely i think, My pressure is ok but im about to test a neibours so i wanted to know what it should be roughly. Im aware it can fluctuate depending on the time of day and i will therefor have to test it at variouse times to get an accurate reading. But on the initial check it looks poor on the ground floor and gets worse upstairs. the when two appliances are in opperation its very weak. so i was just wondering what the legal obligation the water authority has. The water supplier is united utilities here in cheshire.

measured ours a few months back and we get around 6 bar but we're at sea level and the water holding tank for the village is about 400ft above us

just off the top of my head i think 400 ft head would give you over 12 bar

just off the top of my head i think 400 ft head would give you over 12 bar

that would be about right, if you didn't take in to account crappy SWW pipework and other factors. Actually its probably nearer to 300ft as we're not quite at sea level, and the SWW holding tank is in a bit of a dip rather than right on top of the hill . Any road up we get quite a high presure, the meter came off the tap when I was measuring and it was over 6 bar, we had to put presure reducing valves in our new bathroom as our airbath's water heater can only take up to 3 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back