Water Softners - Never Fitted one but thinking about it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short i have never fitted on but am thinking about offering it as a service as i have been asked 6 times in the last 3 weeks from separate individuals mainly due to the uses less soap, better for washing up and washing clothes eco and money saving.

Now i assume there not that hard to fit, but looking for brands recommendations site recommendations to buy falls etc, sales info etc.

The usual stuff you do before expanding into an unknown, there is good saturation where i am but i am not looking to stock 100's maybe 1/2 at a time and sell them actively.

I am not talking about the little under the sink inline filters.

Regards

Sponsored Links
On the rare occasions that I have fitted one, I always use the Waterside 350 range.

Not had any call backs as yet ;)

we've been using tapworks, usually ad11's but they do one called the ultra 9 which will just about go inside a kitchen unit.

Sponsored Links
Before you start selling them make sure you are adequately informed on how they work and that you tell the prospect how often to top up the salt and how much that will cost them.

They need to be fitted in the supply to the whole house except the kitchen tap used for cooking. Thats not always so easy in an existing property.

Many people seem unable to keep them from getting messy! I always like to see them out in the open and not jammed under a sink where its difficult to work on them.

They need to be size matched to the water consumption. They can also have a noticeable effect on the flow rate if thats marginal. Also if a Megaflow then a high flow rate 22 mm connection is required.

The best place is in the garage when the supply plumbing is there.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back