Water spurts out top of cistern when flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just installed a Grohe concealed cistern. All seems good, however, when I flush the toilet a bit of water spurts out the top of what I believe is the flush valve mechanism. I've attach a photo of the part in question:

image1.jpg

This only occurs when I press the flush button, if I reach in and manually lift up the valve with my hand this doesn't happen.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is there something I need to adjust?

Sponsored Links
Also, bonus point if anyone can tell me what this part is for:

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 227
1. Some valves do just spurt when flushed. Provided it doesn't come out of the cistern, not a problem.
2. The parts illustrated secure the flush pipe to the cistern.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response.

1. The water shoots about 1-2 feet in the air. I can put the plastic blanking plate back over the hole on the top, but a few drops still manage to get out through as its not a water tight cover.

2. The flush pipe is already secured to the cistern, and there is no thread where the flush pipe meets the cistern to screw this part onto.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back