Water stained laminate

jar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We've finally had to replace our old washing machine due to an ever increasing list of faults - one of which was leaking.

It's left some pretty bad staining on the laminate underneath. It's stained because I think the water was dirty due to the leak coming out via the drum and so probably had dirt or oil in the water.

I think we can write off the laminate further underneath at the back as it's also warped with being wet so many times. It's not really visible when the machine is in place.

But I was wondering if there's any way to clean the floor at the front, which can be seen quite clealy. I've tried acetone (nail polish remover) and white spirit but it's not making much of an impact. Don't know if it's because the stain might be under the top coating ? Not sure of the makeup of laminate to know if this is possible ?

I think we might need to just try to replace this section of floor but just in case anyone had any ideas ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you wont move it you have a woodchip/mdf base printed paper then smooth or textured plastic top coat
if the staining is under the plastic the floors probably shot as well

this is the sort off dammage that "accidental dammage" in your home insurance may cover

• Thanks
Reactions: jar
Thanks for that - kind of what I was expecting.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back