Water storage - UniSTOR or Albion Ultrasteel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am torn between these two Cylinders, i am going for an EcoTEC Plus 624 System boiler and i was going to go with an Albion Ultrasteel 210 hot water store, im able to get a really good price on one too.

From reading up i just dont know what will be the better option now.

Can someone also confirm it is a Direct Unvented that i need, i can never remember! ha.

Sponsored Links
Indirect is what you need. Not Direct.

Unistor is overrated, but does allow you to use the complete Vaillant control package.

Which is over complicated.

Which leads you back to boiler choice.

Personally, Vaillant are OK. But there are better.

Dan, thanks for the response.
I chose the Vaillant boiler as i have most experience with them from when i was in the trade and most of the plumbers i speak to rate them one of the best so i thought id go with my instinct.

I have also used the Ultrasteel cylinders with similar setups in the past and works a treat but with this being my own i want to ensure its going to be the best for my buck.

What other brands would you suggest Dan?

Indirect unvented?

Sponsored Links
Before I start. I am biased towards Vaillant.

I have the 624 and from memory either a 180 or a 210l Unistore. I have it set up with vaillant control system, which means Its using the hot water sensor in the unistore to monitor stored water temp and fire boiler for hot water approptiatley.

I personally am using the external weather compensator (optional) So the hot water cylinder heats on priority (the boiler and cylinder are sized to each other so re heat is very quick) then once hot water store it heated the boiler will then go to heat the radiators if there is a demand.

I like that I can read the HW temp and boiler system pressure etc from the main Room thermostat VRT350 or VRC470 as the boiler can give and recieve extra information from using vaillants own controls.

You also have the benifit that Vaillant will then be responsible for the warranty for the Boiler/Cylinder/Wiring Center (VR66/VR61) and Programmer/RoomStat. Asumming the installation is completed correctly.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have gone with a 624 Boiler, VRC470F, VR66, and the Vaillant digi room stat and the Albion Ultrasteel tank.

Thanks all

Out of curiosity What do you mean digi room stat? The 470 is the room stat. You know you cant use the Cyclinder sensor with a non vaillant cylinder, you will need to use a standard 240v on/off Cylinder stat.

We will be having the heating in two zones. Upstairs and Downstairs so the 470 will be downstairs and the vrt50 up.
Or am I wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back