Watermarking photos help needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking to add a watermark (company logo) to my photos to be used on my website. Is there a simple way to do this and in a manner where no low life could remove it and use the photos as there own?

Sponsored Links
Do you have Photoshop or similar? I use GIMP, which is free.

Use the clone tool with opacity set to about 25% and you can add as many watermarks as you want.

in a manner where no low life could remove it

Well, nothing is impossible, they could just crop your images to remove a watermark. Make sure you save it as a jpg and not a png/xcf/psd/psb, as those files save editing history in the EXIF data. i.e. extremely easy to undo any changes.

edit: Or, if you have loads to do... https://www.google.com/search?q=automatic+watermark+software&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

Hi OP, in addition to adding the watermark register with pixsy.com and load your photos. You get free level membership to check 500 pic matches across www and also help to legally sort unauthorised use.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Gnans, like the help to legally prove ownership part.

FastStone Photo Resizer is what I use, in the main you also want to resize anyway to reduce loading times for web page and this program is free and also add logo and can do a whole batch.

My camera club as a pixel limit for competitions which is why I started to use it, I can't use the logo option it's not permitted in competitions.

I also use Bridge to upload pictures from camera to PC, this is set to put my name in the meta data, again has to be removed for competitions.

Back