Waterproof render for wetroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm thinking of making another wetroom, but this time - because we've a cement floor and stone and block walls, because I hate tiling so much, and because I get bored easily, I'm thinking of using some kind of render for the walls and floor, possibly coloured, possibly with stones or some kind of rustic mosaic or something.

My questions are:
-Is it possible to make mix something into sand and cement to make it water resistant enough for this to work?
-Or would I seal it with something afterwards?

Any thoughts or advice gratefully receive,

Thank you, Stephen

Sponsored Links
your ideas wont work as a long term prospect.
floating rendered walls with a sand an lime mix is good for tiling on afterwards.
building a mortar shower base or shower pan is a much trickier proposition.

your ideas wont work as a long term prospect.
floating rendered walls with a sand an lime mix is good for tiling on afterwards.
building a mortar shower base or shower pan is a much trickier proposition.
Thank you - can you say more about why it won't work?
Also - any thoughts about what I would use to set pebbles (freehand, not mats) into the wall, and whether I'd be better to strip off existing plaster first or not?

Sponsored Links
Admin request - can you please move this to tiling, thank you, Stephen

+++
no, because it isn't about tiling
mod
+++

I'm sticking relatively flat pieces of stone to a wall - sounds like tiling to me! ho humm - frustrating

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back