Waterproofer for render

Sponsored Links
Waterproofer/plasticiser is probably the most important additive in the scratch/render mix. I would certainly NOT buy a cheap one. I've never used Sika so i can't comment on that make. The brand that i use is Evoplast Waterproofer/plasticiser, and i've also used Cementone's as well. They both work fine for me, but i'm sure there are other makes out there that the guys on here would recommend,,,, but as i said,, don't buy a cheap brand, and to be honest, the quality waterproofers are not that much more expensive.

Waterproofer/plasticiser is probably the most important additive in the scratch/render mix. I would certainly NOT buy a cheap one. I've never used Sika so i can't comment on that make. The brand that i use is Evoplast Waterproofer/plasticiser, and i've also used Cementone's as well. They both work fine for me, but i'm sure there are other makes out there that the guys on here would recommend,,,, but as i said,, don't buy a cheap brand, and to be honest, the quality waterproofers are not that much more expensive.

I've not used Sika for a few years now,apart fro their pre bagged systems so others may diagree. It is good quality product in terms of doing the job of waterproofing , but is not as nice to use .

By this I mean it leaves the mix quite 'dead' compared to some others such as Sovereign or Remtox, who give the render a bit of body.

I have mostly used Cementone No2 (what it used to be called) now I think it's just called Cementone W/proofer. It doesn't seem to smell as nice as when it was called No 2 ;) Also Sovereign W/proofer is good stuff...

Sponsored Links
ive used sika before its horrible stuff doenst like being outside im my opinion i cnt put my finger on why i diddnt like it and wha the problem was but i did not like it, i like useing kingfisher superproofer its lovley stuff

ive used sika before its horrible stuff doenst like being outside im my opinion i cnt put my finger on why i diddnt like it and wha the problem was but i did not like it, i like useing kingfisher superproofer its lovley stuff

It's just not 'nice' !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back