Waterside MC250 water softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

we have a softener as above which is at least 10 years old.

Just over 3 years ago Culligan fitted a new controller because the system had started continually pumping water through the overflow.

Unfortunately the fitter didn't leave us any instructions on the controller settings and 2 recent power outages have resulted in it losing its time setting (certainly), losing its hardness settings (possibly). Although I managed to reset the time I'm not sure how to go about checking the other settings. I've also found that it now pumps out some water, not continually but, I guess, when it comes on during the night. It never, to my knowledge, did this before.

I've hunted on the net but can't find anywhere that I could get hold of a 'users' manual/handbook/operating instructions.

Can anybody point me towards such documentation, or give me driving instructions.

Thanks in advance for help/advice you can offer.

Best Regards

Tony Norton

P.S. Ive uploaded a couple of images, in my album called "Water softener" but I'm not sure how a viewer can get to see them. When I click [upload pictures] I am linked to My Album, but I'm not sure if that works for all viewers.

P.P.S. Didn't realise that what one enters in the "Subject" box doesn't appear in the post, only in the topic listing, so it is possible that the reader may not realise which softener I'm talking about. It is actually a Waterside MC250.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back