WB Greenstar Heatslave II - CH flowing when no demand.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a question about my WB Greenstar Heatslave external oil boiler which seems to be heating the Central Heating system when not being called for. I have almost no understanding of how these things work so it could be completely innocuous.

I've noticed this only occasionally and for short periods of time after heating has been on. I can't figure out if it is some sort of cool-down process? Usually I notice it in the morning or in the evening after the CH should have turned off, hot water still flows through the radiators and the boiler still has the radiator symbol to show that there is CH demand. The thermostat (Salus RF thingy) isn't calling for Heating during these times. The pump doesn't always sound like it's running, but the internal buffer temperature slowly drops as water is flowing through the rads.

I usually have it on Eco mode, if this makes a difference. It's set up as a combi boiler and we have no external tank.

Anyway, perhaps someone can just reassure me it's part of a normal cycle and nowt to worry about.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Either the diverted valve is stuck a little bit or the micro switch in the actuator is goosed. Bob

As above, or if you are using the built in programmer it ma have gone rogue. Time to get the multimeter out and identifying any electrical feeds that are keeping the rad symbol on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back