WC Pan connector. Is this acceptable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm struggling with WC Pan connector set up. A flexi won't work either as the radius is too tight.

Is it acceptable to stack like I've shown in the photos to extend out the neck?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190118_183953.jpg
    20190118_183953.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 544
  • 20190118_183936.jpg
    20190118_183936.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 414
Sponsored Links
Yes ,as long as it makes a water and air tight seal. I think McAlpine do an angled pan connector that will suit ,but I can't remember what their code is. I might try to dig out their catalogue.
Where are the seals for the other end !!

Thanks. Seals are just off while I was dry fitting to see what it looks like.

If you can find the code or screwfix number etc would be great.

Cheers

Its their code WC -con8E.
Extended inlet ,90° bend adjustable length.
Don't think screwfix or tool station stock them. Plumbers merchants would be your best bet.

Sponsored Links
I think you would need a piece of pipe 4” between them.

Do yourself a favour in future and get decent "multiquik" pan connectors. Normally you would use a multiquik joiner piece if doing that. As the back of pan is smaller than soilpipe. Mccalpine do a extended neck pan connecter that does all that. Or even use a long flexible pan connector. :)

This picture shows the problem better. Basically with everything square the pan connector is short by the amount it needs to go over the ceramic spigot coming off the back of the toilet.

Attachments

• 20190118_195118.jpg
    20190118_195118.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 387
Do yourself a favour in future and get decent "multiquik" pan connectors. Normally you would use a multiquik joiner piece if doing that. As the back of pan is smaller than soilpipe. Mccalpine do a extended neck pan connecter that does all that. Or even use a long flexible pan connector. :)

I think what I'm doing in my first picture is ok then but instead of a straight standard piece with the fins I should be using a straight extension because the diameter is bigger. This is what you've suggested I do. Cheers

The section in the floor looks like a ring seal fitting ,with no section of waste pipe in it. If that's so ,its unlikely to be a tight enough fit with the multi seal on the bottom of the angled pan connector.

Yes ,as long as it makes a water and air tight seal. I think McAlpine do an angled pan connector that will suit ,but I can't remember what their code is. I might try to dig out their catalogue.
Where are the seals for the other end !!

Terry plumb out of interest what's your thoughts round the angled pan connector? How would that help?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back