WC pan water level keeps rising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my new loo..

When I flush (i'm talking a No.1, or a light No.2! :oops: ) The water level in the pan rises considerably and is often not a 'sucessfull flush' if ya get what I mean...

I have reduced the cistern's pan water-level control to minimum and the standing water in the pan is now very low (as expected) but this makes little difference, should i go the other way and increase it?

I have also checked there is no blockages, but the slope of the waste pipe (back to wall loo concealed cistern in boxwork) is a very very shallow gradient, almost level. There is a concertina style flexi waste pipe conx the pan to horizontal waste then into stack..

Any suggestions?!

Ta! ;)

Sponsored Links
Some pictures would help. Not of the number 2s but of the pipe runs and connections. Also details of what was changed when the new pan was installed.

Mike

I have a problem with my new loo..

When I flush (i'm talking a No.1, or a light No.2! :oops: ) The water level in the pan rises considerably and is often not a 'sucessfull flush' if ya get what I mean...

It`s not fitted correctly and the waste isn`t getting away fast enough, possible kink in the flexi, maybe you don`t need a flexi, ? hard to assess not being there. can u show us a picture of ******* toilet connection. :******** it may help with the diagnosis, ******

Offensive test removed. Mod 10

There is a concertina style flexi waste pipe conx the pan to horizontal waste then into stack..

usually installed by a 'can't be bothered plumber and are a cop-out.

there may be rubbish snagged or collected within this concertina fitting.

Sponsored Links
usually installed by a 'can't be bothered plumber and are a cop-out.

********* usually installed where it`s impossible to tie straight in to the 4 inch pipe or where the toilet is situated on a difficult angle from the existing stack and the stack cannot be moved.

Offensive text removed Mod 10

All this dissing the standard of installation without looking at it is hardly going to help the OP with his problem. lets at least wait 'til we see some pictures before tearing the installation to bits. :LOL:

Mike

All this dissing the standard of installation without looking at it is hardly going to help the OP with his problem.

Err.. no one mentioned the standard of the installation.

lets at least wait 'til we see some pictures before tearing the installation to bits.

Great, no one has mentioned the installation except you. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back