We have almost completed selling house but neighbour has just applied for planning permission

If the buyer is saving on the stamp duty they may be happy to go ahead instead of risking looking for a different property

Sponsored Links
If the buyer is saving on the stamp duty they may be happy to go ahead instead of risking looking for a different property

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

They really like our house and are wanting to get in as quickly as possible, which is why this is such bad timing. I'm pretty sure things will still progress, but you never know. What the neighbours are doing (once done) won't affect anything with our house ie. loss of light etc the only concern I had was with joining onto our existing extension, which having thought about it, may not be too bad anyway.

Fingers crossed

there’s no way a solicitor won’t disclose it if you tell them about it.

Scan and send to your solicitor.
Whatever they will do with it it's not your problem.
Don't reply to the planning department, you're selling and their extension shouldn't concern you.
In fact, probably they timed it so not to have objections.
Said all this, lots of letters are lost and undelivered every day...

Sponsored Links
I hop you complete quick, otherwise you'll be out knocking down lampposts in the middle of the night.

I'm with others on here, the way I see it is you completed the form honestly and to the best of your knowledge at the time you was asked to do so. If something changed after that date I can't see how you can be liable for not declaring anything. Also planning applications are publicly searchable and it's not your job to do their solicitors work for them, may as well be helping them find other legal issues with the deeds while your at it. As others have said post gets lost/delayed all the time, or dog could have chewed it etc. Theres no proof you received anything, it might not come of anything anyway. I'm of the opinion that if you have the same extension it's not out of keeping so not really going to effect the look of the properties. Some people may even see it as an improvement in terms of less maintenance or chances of damp from driving rain etc. People don't like change but often when the dust settles and time has past it is accepted or they move on :sneaky: Actually looking at the date of this you've probably completed by now? So, what did you do? o_O

Last edited:
THis thread needs deleting - or bojaangles removing every post they made.

I'm with others on here, the way I see it is you completed the form honestly and to the best of your knowledge at the time you was asked to do so. If something changed after that date I can't see how you can be liable for not declaring anything. Also planning applications are publicly searchable and it's not your job to do their solicitors work for them, may as well be helping them find other legal issues with the deeds while your at it. As others have said post gets lost/delayed all the time, or dog could have chewed it etc. Theres no proof you received anything, it might not come of anything anyway. I'm of the opinion that if you have the same extension it's not out of keeping so not really going to effect the look of the properties. Some people may even see it as an improvement in terms of less maintenance or chances of damp from driving rain etc. People don't like change but often when the dust settles and time has past it is accepted or they move on :sneaky: Actually looking at the date of this you've probably completed by now? So, what did you do? o_O

We were just honest and the buyers didn't mind anyway. Sale went though fine :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back