We need more more nuclear wareheads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like we have found the reason to spaff billions on pointless increase of nuclear weapons.

Going from 180 to 260 warheads. For what benefit?

"
The missiles are part of a joint pool with the US Navy. They are held at Kings Point on the US eastern seaboard and maintained by the US Navy. When the Royal Navy submarines leave Faslane they aren’t armed, they have to first collect the missiles from Kings Point, so if there’s no US cooperation for any reason then the missiles aren’t loaded.

So the subs travel across the atlantic to collect the missiles and then head to Coulport to marry the warheads with the missiles. "

Magic Money Tree indeed.

Sponsored Links
Because our potential enemies have them who may seek to harm the UK

russia
China
The French
Pakistan
North Korea

Because our potential enemies have them who may seek to harm the UK

russia
China
The French
Pakistan
North Korea

You should add Israel and India to that list. The only country we can trust is the one who has our warheads - the USA.

Having more will make us safer? We had enough as no one will ever use them.

Its a deterrent even at 180.

So the moment any country sets off warheads the other will retaliate and that's it - there are no winners.

How dumb are you?

How dumb are you

India and Israel are not our enemies or potential enemies neither is the US

Sponsored Links
So we are giving money to USA military.

What benefits will Tory MPs get in exchange.

How dumb are you

India and Israel are not our enemies or potential enemies neither is the US

Yet Bojo today wanted to increase relations with China.

You dumb fool these extra warheads are just a pointless waste of money when troop numbers have been cut.

How dumb are are you that after a decade of defence cuts adding pointless warheads makes us any safer?

Nukes not Nurses.

So we are giving money to USA military.

What benefits will Tory MPs get in exchange.

I am sure there will be a Tory MP with his nose in the trough. I believe we have 58 missiles in the shared pool but no extra launch capacity so its going to be more MIRVs. :mrgreen:

You dumb fool these extra warheads are just a pointless waste of money when troop numbers have been cut.

How dumb are are you that after a decade of defence cuts adding pointless warheads makes us any safer?

Nukes not Nurses.

best you tell the mad mullahs in Iran

It's utterly bonkers - beggers belief.
I wouldn't trust the US Government any more than I'd trust the others, or the UK Government!
There's no evidence that the UK's weapons of mass destruction keep us safer, and this move just encourages everybody to invest more resources in something that causes distrust, instability and unthinkable danger.
It always takes me back to Ben Elton's piece about licensing 'sportsmen' to be able to buy semi-automatic weapons - I quite like the idea that if you want to have weapons of mass destruction, that's good enough evidence that you're not fit to have any.

...and utterly useless against any of the real threats that face us on the planet.

Nukes not Nurses.

what nukes don’t make countries safer

best u tell that to Kim il Jung

an insignificant dirt poor 3rd world country with a population of 26 million

Nukes get him a lot of attention

and his policy of dont f*** with me

It's utterly bonkers - beggers belief.
I wouldn't trust the US Government any more than I'd trust the others, or the UK Government!
There's no evidence that the UK's weapons of mass destruction keep us safer, and this move just encourages everybody to invest more resources in something that causes distrust, instability and unthinkable danger.
It always takes me back to Ben Elton's piece about licensing 'sportsmen' to be able to buy semi-automatic weapons - I quite like the idea that if you want to have weapons of mass destruction, that's good enough evidence that you're not fit to have any.

...and utterly useless against any of the real threats that face us on the planet.

Boris understands the minds of idiots who actually love this sign of phantom posturing on the world stage.

We have 260 nukes still won't get you a better trade deal but it will win you an election.

Boris understands the minds of idiots who actually love this sign of phantom posturing on the world stage.

We have 260 nukes still won't get you a better trade deal but it will win you an election.

Maybe Macrons plans for an 'EU Army' have got him worried.

what nukes don’t make countries safer

best u tell that to Kim il Jung

an insignificant dirt poor 3rd world country with a population of 26 million

Nukes get him a lot of attention

and his policy of dont f*** with me

Sorry but it doesn't make any sense to suggest that North Korea is safer (less likely to get attacked) than a whole host of other non-nuclear states (that the mad orange baby didn't threaten to attack). The only real and lasting safety comes from getting on with people.

Looks like we have found the reason to spaff billions on pointless increase of nuclear weapons.

Going from 180 to 260 warheads. For what benefit?

"
The missiles are part of a joint pool with the US Navy. They are held at Kings Point on the US eastern seaboard and maintained by the US Navy. When the Royal Navy submarines leave Faslane they aren’t armed, they have to first collect the missiles from Kings Point, so if there’s no US cooperation for any reason then the missiles aren’t loaded.

So the subs travel across the atlantic to collect the missiles and then head to Coulport to marry the warheads with the missiles. "

Magic Money Tree indeed.
Has Coulport been closed?

Sponsored Links