Weather Compensation on boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I was just looking for a bit of advice.

I live in a newbuild (2010) stone terrace that has a Potterton Promax Combi HE boiler and was doing some research and found out that my boiler has a compatible weather compensation kit available.

What I was wondering is if it's worth installing, ie. would there be a net benefit with savings? Everything I find online seems to be conflicting!

Many thanks in advance everyone!

Sponsored Links
The saving depends on how you use it. You can get the same saving if you manually adjust the boiler flow according to the temp outside.

The saving depends on who you ask! Most think its about 4-6% depending on YOU.

Manufacturers will often claim 15% but remember they are selling them!

Car makers claim an MPG which is rarely achieved by owners! They will not submit their rogue cars for testing. I had one which did a consistant 44 mpg and it was written off and replaced with another which only did about 34 mpg which all tested OK. The replacement only had one carb whereas the original had twin carbs so they were slightly different but still the same body and wheels etc..

Its unlikely in a small property that the cost of professionally fitting it will be recovered within a few years!

Alex on here has his own views about it though!

Tony

Thanks for the advice!

I don't mind if it would take 5 years or so to pay itself off as I don't plan on moving! I was just wondering if it was a worthwhile thing to do as far as costs are concerned.

Sponsored Links
You can get the same saving if you manually adjust the boiler flow according to the temp outside.

Do you mean flow rate or flow temperature? Thanks. If temp, presumably as the outside temp drops the flow temp is raised?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back