Weather forecasts!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it me or are they becoming less accurate.

Certainly down here in the southeast they are. Even when they get it close the rain/sun seem to be a good 4-5 hours earlier/later than they were forecast.

It never used to be this wrong I'm sure.

Perhaps the weather has just become unhappy with being predictable and decided to **** the forecasters off by deliberatly changing its mind :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The Met Office get hundreds of millions per year so they have to try to justify their budget and predict something, but in my opinion if you want to know what the weather's likely to do, look out of your window.

just don't let michael fish hear you saying that!

Sponsored Links
Personally I never bother with weather forecasts unless I've got a particular outdoor activity planned, even then I keep it to "depending on the weather".

Of course, the forecasts now look much further into the future. You can check what the weather is going to be like in a week, was that always the case? The problem is, the further away it is, the less accurate the prediction. I planned an afternoon's punting on what was going to be a 30 degree day. By the time it came to the day, it was going to be cold and peeing down!

So, my advice would be to hold no trust in anything more than 24 hours in advance!

AdamW said:
So, my advice would be to hold no trust in anything more than 24 hours in advance!

24hrs in advance!!!??!!! They cant get my area right the very morning of the day they are forecasting, let alone 24hrs in advance. :rolleyes:

The best weather forcast is on "countryfile " on a sunday dinner ..... it has been concise an correct since it began ...FACT

It has the seaforecasts , offshore weather plane recon , an viewer /help ...

I can honestly say their forcast for the week is BOB ON

I have always taking this forecast in account for jobs such as Cast Iron soil pipe replace , where its bad enough outside .. lol shudder , lol but replacing a stack in the rain ... urrrrgh

COUNTRYFILE BBC1 ..Every Sunday Dinner

if i beleived the weather forecasts id never get out of bed in the morning! What gets me is on a sunday night i look at the 5 day forecast on the bbc web page, check again on monday morning and its all changed completeley. Still well never get a hurricane ghere will we.......will we?

Thermo

For Flip sake ..... !!!!!!!!!!!

TRY THe COUNTRY FILE WEATHER in the show about 11.30am ... its boss

try it an come an say how wonderful it is .. ;)

Moz said:
Thermo

For Flip sake ..... !!!!!!!!!!!

TRY THe COUNTRY FILE WEATHER in the show about 11.30am ... its boss

try it an come an say how wonderful it is .. ;)

Must admit I have heard this to be the case. Not usually up and aware by Sunday lunch tho' (Ooooo.... my head hurts. And the like) ;)

Moz is right... the Countryfile forecast is the best. Been watching it for years, it's pretty well spot on.
Comes on about 10 mins before the end.

ok they reckon it'll be orange rain tomorrow so lets put it to the test, anyone in the sou'sou' east, let us know if it rains and what colour it is. photo would be great. {only if its orange) a good source of vitamin c :LOL:

Richardp said:
ok they reckon it'll be orange rain tomorrow so lets put it to the test, anyone in the sou'sou' east, let us know if it rains and what colour it is. photo would be great. {only if its orange) a good source of vitamin c :LOL:
It's a drizzle at the moment and I think I do see a little orange colour, no it's pink, no it's yellow, no...
(ah, now I see, oil spill on the road ;))

Sponsored Links
Back