weber.set SPF

Some will advise you back butter the tiles & this might be a good idea if you use the smaller trowel but back buttering will make it more difficult for you to level the tiles & if you use the correct size trowel in the first place, it’s rarely necessary.

All the floor trowels I’ve used are around 11" or 28cm & if you think about it, the size compatible with 300mm tiles; but I lay down about a square metre of addy at a time anyway. ;)

Sponsored Links
300x600 porkies....always back butter them ...

P.s
Light sand first
Weber ad250
Weber rapid set plus

Maybe look into using an uncoupling membrane...ditra etc...I would spec this myself for you.

Enjoy. ;)

P.s
Just read the first and last two posts.... ;)

Always neat primer also...don't water down...
Apply up the room then across the room ,this is why mapei primer g is best,it's blue in colour... ;)

Sponsored Links
Some will advise you back butter the tiles & this might be a good idea if you use the smaller trowel but back buttering will make it more difficult for you to level the tiles & if you use the correct size trowel in the first place, it’s rarely necessary.

All the floor trowels I’ve used are around 11" or 28cm & if you think about it, the size compatible with 300mm tiles; but I lay down about a square metre of addy at a time anyway. ;)

Rubber mallet and a bead and you will be able to slide a 2p across the floor,from one side to the other...jobs a good yin... ;)

But this is a DIYer, not a pro :!:[/quote]

Gypsum screed/wet UHF/300x600 porkies,and talking about buying by the pallet,ain't a small kitchen ere....is it.....

So every bit will help......maybe the OP should maybe look into hiring a TSF for this job IMO,looks like it may save them a few pounds in the long run...looks to me it might be a job,just over there head....is there exspansion joints in the screed/door thresholds etc..

Happy new year rich.. ;)

"looks to me it might be a job,just over there head....is there exspansion joints in the screed/door thresholds etc.. "

Why?
And Anhydrite screed on the area we are talking requires no expansion joints between rooms.
The tiles however will at each door way.
A DIYer is a very loose term.. Maybe i should have bought some wickes fast set adhesive LOL :LOL:

Saved myself a fortune

When i,m done i,ll post some pics. Let the experts vote.

"looks to me it might be a job,just over there head....is there exspansion joints in the screed/door thresholds etc.. "

Why?
And Anhydrite screed on the area we are talking requires no expansion joints between rooms.

Why......

How many forums you been on asking the same questions...?

You have changed mfr adhesives ?

Paulpa....best off

P.s
Bal ain't the best out there IMO....you where right your paying for a name...

Mapei/weber/Ardex are just as good or better,but only IMO...

Best off on your small project.. ;)

Ok, i assume you are just in from the pub?

Just because i ask the advice of the "pros" forum members, does not mean it is beyond my ability, it means i like the opinion of others, but as can be seen on these forums there is a great deal of opinions, even Bal can't agree on how to apply APD primer and they make it.

"How many forums you been on asking the same questions"
2 because i,m registered on both and thought it only fair.

"Small project",
compared to everything else i have done here it is a medium task in size.

Not knowing the financial power of Weber, Bal etc. I can only assume you may at some point be paying for the development too. But yes some part is for the name, no doubt their reputation is good though? ( is expensive though)
Happy New Year.

Pub...yer having a laugh,I have method statements/Hsf methods ect to write out...

Re:bal and any other mfr...

And their materials etc....at the end off the day its guys like us using them,we take the product work with it,and see how far we can take it/use it in different conditions with different substrates ect....

You chill wee man,take all the advice given and work with it.... ;)

I always take on advice and i agree the people who work with it will buy what they like ( or what the customer can afford)

Everyone has their favourite and because i have used Bal before and after advice on here i chose Bal again.

Why?
A DIYer is a very loose term.. Maybe i should have bought some wickes fast set adhesive LOL :LOL:

Saved myself a fortune

When i,m done i,ll post some pics. Let the experts vote.

Wee man...I never mentioned Diyer ere.... ;)
Post yer pics when finished,am sure you will do a great job...

Just remember it ain't a race,take your time with set out,work clean...use rubber mallet/bead keep checking level and no lippage,so m2 area at a time..

Only thing you will need is a good pair off knees.....or snickers floor layers trousers,by wearing these over the years I can still football with guys my age thank feck.... :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks. I will take my time, no rush.
When you say "bead " what exactly do you mean?
Would you tap with mallet rather than twisting/pushing the tile?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back