Weeds growing on top of decorative bark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice would be great guys, :D I just cant seem to get rid of the weeds that keep growing on top of my decorative bark in the garden.
I clear them all, and have even put new bark down but they come back and "carpet" my bark! I have lost count of the ammount of weedkiller we have used and still they wont go. :evil:

We even bought some of the expensive "membrane" liner stuff as a barrier (but it seems to be coming from on top of the bark and not under it (ie the ground)

Sponsored Links
Yes it will do. Bark rots down to a lovely soil and any seeds floating past will root in it. I don't know the solution, weeds will root in gravel on top of weed proof membrane.
I think the best thing is to run a hoe over it when the weeds are tiny. I had the same problem but never managed to get round to hoeing it regularly

I too also have the same issue and its alittle frustrating but I now only buy weedkiller that is granulated or concerntrated liquid form and make it up myself (slightly stronger than recomended) I spray the area periodically (weeds visable or not) living in the countryside is a curse and a blessing

Are they definately weeds? could it be some sort of moss or liverwort that a weedkiller wouldn't touch?

The secret to applying weedkiller is little and often.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all- will stock up on weedol and get myself a hoe lol nightmare :D :D
May just get some good old concrete and give up :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back